Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug a Web Dynpro Java Application.

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to debug a Web Dynpro for java application, however I am getting this error whenever i try to do

Failed to connect to remote VM. connection refused.

I tried the following options that were suggested in few Threads

1) I have the J2EE server running in Debug mode,

2) I also ensured that there is no one else using the NWDS in debug mode

3) I restarted the NWDS and the portal server several time.

Are there any other suggestions apart from the ones mentioned above?

the following thread talks about locking of port [link|;. I doubt if that could be the issue.

Can someone suggest how to identify the port is locked and how to unlock it?

Thanks

Bharath mohan B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

the problem was that the debug port was locked for the terminal where I tried to debug.

Make sure that the debug port is opened for the terminal where debug is performed

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath!!!!

When you are debugging, you can do it only in non-productive server nodes (Productive Use has the value NO).

I hope this solves your issue, if you are looking for something else, please revert. I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!!!

Umang

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umang,

the J2EE server is running with Productive Use = NO and Debug Mode = ON

still when i try to debug i get the error Failed to connect to remote WM. connection Refused.

I also tried doing a Telnet <hostname> 1024 on command prompt but the connection was not successful...

1024 is the debug port set in the config tool. Do i need to change it to 50021 as mentioned in other threads?

Regards,

Bharath Mohan B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

1) Check if you are following the procedure as mentioned at the following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/849170e3-0601-0010-d59e-ddfce735...

2) Please do check whether the Server Instance Debug Mode is "ON"

You can check it from NWDS >J2EE Engine View>Server Instance>server0

If its not then you need to change it and any Basis Team can help you.

3) If it is running in the debug mode then please ensure that there is no one else debugging on the same server node. Generally there is only one instance configured for debugging. If someone is using the same server node instance for debugging then you might have to ask for closing that debug session to continue with your debugging.

4) Check whether you are using the correct server for debugging. Most of the we make mistake while configuring the debug server

5) Check this discussion:

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

to ensure it has nothing to do with firewall you can go to command line and execute a telnet

telnet <host> <debugport>

see if you get connection

if it connects there is an issue with NWDS settings or server settings, if not you have a OS problemconnecting to it

regards

stefan