cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy SCREEN Texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to copy SCREEN 2000 of MP501000 to Screen 7000.

SCREEN 2000 has Field Descriptions hard written and translated in all languages. Now, I logon with EN langauge for COPYing 2000 to 7000. I see the texts get copied only for English Language. Now, in all other languages also, these texts appear only in English.

I deleted the 7000 screen and COPIED in German Langauge. Now, the texts got copied only in German and, for all other languages the texts appear in German.

One solution is to go and translate the text in all languages. But, too tedious. Is there a simpler way how I can do this?

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

Message was edited by: Suryakiran Devavarapu

Message was edited by: Suryakiran Devavarapu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya kiran,

i think there is no simple way to do this, what ever is there with you that is the solution.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

But, I have 28 languages installed and almost 20 fields on the screen. Its almost 28 * 20 translations. I strongly believe, there should be a way of doing this.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try language translator tool??

When you display the text elements in the original language (from the edit menu of the Main program), in the menu you can surely find "translate" option..

If the copied screen is also in the same program, just use the same text elements instead of creating your own (if the Hard written descriptions have text numbers attached to it, your problem will be taken care automatically)

Let me know if you need more information how to translate text elements..

Regards,

Nagaraju Chidurupalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But these are not the text elements of the Main Program.

These are the texts attached to the Screen not avialable at the Main Program level.

Thanks,

Suryakiran D.