cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not being sent after changing vendor contact display language

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we change the display language for the contact of a vendor to Chinese (or any other language it turns out), they stop getting e-mail notifications.

When the display language is changed to English, it works.

Any ideas?

The language packs are installed as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Dapo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

What version Version & SP are you running?

I would check the email address that is getting generated when the mail is sending. See if it is different than the address on the other languages.

The only difference that I am aware of with Japanese & Chinese languages is that they are two-byte (multi-byte). So there may be a font application server issue if you have a On Premise Deployment. If you have a hosted system this should not be a problem.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James:

Thanks for your input.

I have a correction - the message doesn't get sent for Chinese or Japanese. It works for other languages - English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

I already checked the mail templates as you suggested and they are setup for Chinese and Japanese.

I checked the message logs and it's "Awaiting Retry" in the queued messages log.

Any more ideas?

0 Kudos

Dapo,

Check the outbound email ques to see if the system attempted to send a message.

Also check to see if the Mail Message Templates have a version in the language you are changing the vendor language to.

Setup -> System Setup -> Configuration -> Mail Message Templates

then under Plain Message Text there should be a drop down.

James