Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing data copied from GP to Ship To address

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I somewhere change what data is copied to the Ship To address on A/R documents?

I found that only the Street and the City is copied into that field. The company name is(has to be) added on my printing report. However, this is a problem if I want to change the Ship To to a completely different name and address for some orders/deliveries (direct shipping to 3rd party). In this case the report always adds the company name of order and the company and address manually added to the ship to field.

Similar issues are coming up with A/P docs where the warehouse address is copied and no company name.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks

Franz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We frequently create a user-defined field in the Address table for the Ship-to Name. It might be the same as the company name, or it could be different, as you indicate. It gets entered at the same time the address is added to the BP. In your form design (PLD, Crystal, or whatever), use the UDF in place of the company name or the address name. This also solves the problem of having multiple ship-to's that really do need to use the same name, since the address name has to be unique.

Marcia

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

I'm having a hard time to believe that 'this' really is the out-of-the-box solution from SAP. IMHO, this is far away from any practical experience.

The solution with the additional UDF is 'half' a way to go, at least to add the Name field to the address in GP master (which SAP probably just forgot ;-). This still leaves the problem of still not being able to just overwrite the Ship-To in an Sales Order to enter a free name + address specified by the customer. Even for a 'one-time' used name + address, I will have to add it to the GP master, which is nonsense, IMHO.

I simply can not understand why B1 does not copy the name and the address to the ship-to field - just that plain easy. This would leave all the possibilities for every situation open.

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

When you created a new address, you may put the company name as the address name.

Thanks,

Gordon