cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 SPS06 RFC Exception not in valid XML format

Former Member
0 Kudos

When an RFC receiver adapter gets a Fault/Exception Response of an RFC call the payload looks like the following in the Integration Engine:

This problem does only occur for RFC exception responses but not for "normal" responses. "Normal" responses are okay.

Please help!

Thanx very much in advance!

Regards,

Volker

Edited by: Volker Kolberg on May 19, 2009 11:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by applying com.sap.mw.jco Patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the exceptions " cannot create target element" , refer SAP note:799657

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Note 799657 does not help me here, because the mapping works, when correct XML comes back.

In parallel I've opened a CSN in SMP, but I hoped that someone in this forums already had similar issues.

Let me try it the other way round: Is there anybody who has NO problems with RFC exceptions in a PI 7.1 environment. And if so, what is the current SP- and Patch-Level of PI components - especially RFC Adapter?

Thanx.

Regards,

Volker

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. that just doesnt seem appropriate.

Since this is PI 7.1 i suggest you open a OSS note and let SAP know... might be a bug you know.

Anyway lets also wait to see if others had the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both!

SAP ote does not help here.

In parallel I've opened a CSN in SMP, but I hoped that someone else in this forum already has had a similar issue.

Let me try it the other way round: Is there anybody in this forum who has NO PROBLEMS with RFC exceptions ina PI71? And if so, what is your SP level and Patch-Level especially for the RFC adapter components?

Thanx!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Nobody in this forum haning the same or similar challenges with RFC Exceptions in PI 7.1?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

According to my knowledge this happens with all other versions of XI/PI. I am facing the same issue with XI 3.0. The solution could be create a mapping for Exception too by using fault message.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanx for reply. In the meantime we have learned that the problem is that Mesasge ID and Number are by default defined in the exception structure for function modules, but message ID and number are obviously not handed over to the PI, although we work with MESSAGE ... RAISING ... instead of RAISE .....

Any ideas in this forum?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

The exception will be triggered for all the BAPI/RFC to XI, when there is specific issue with the application,data, Authorizationu2026.etc Even though the BAPI/RFC does not have the exception structure in it.

Have a look at my blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15229] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Currently we are testing a new patch for com.sap.mw.jco. Obviously SAP has accepted that here we have a little bug.

I'll keep you informed ...

Regards,

Volker