cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Our client is into sales of packed food items which are packed into Plastic bags or Paper bags (say like Bread). Now my question is:

1. Is there a possibility to select one of the neccessary Packing items (Plastic Bag / Paper Bag) at the time of creation of Sales Order, since the sales people get the packing requirement from the customers, which needs to be entered at order creation time only and not at delivery creation time?

2. When we do auto pack at delivery level, does the system automatically reduce the bag stock according to the packing material selected in the sales order?

3. Do we need to create any packing order like shipping order for the packing process to take place or does the entry of packing instructions at the time of order creation sufficient to reduce the stock of packing material while doing PGI?

The forum had a lot of material for creating auto packing procedure, but I did not find answer for these questions. They may be very basic to you all but for me they are very important, so kindly help me with these points.

Thanks and regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread since I could not solve the issue and my TC took the issue from me and gave to some one else and got it solved and as a stick to me, I am not informed how to do it.

Thanks again for the extra effort everyone took. Closing the thread.

Many regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you may use alternative BOM variants with usage type 5, TCode CS01. Create multiple BOMs for material Bread. Alternative 1 would propose Paper bag, alternative 2 would propose Plastic bag. When creating order, the user will be prompted to choose one alternative. That way

- the packing material will be added at order creation time and

- stock will be reduced (use BOM item L - stock item).

You will need to maintain the pricing conditions so the customer won't be charged for packing materials.

BR, Zuzana.

Edited by: Zuzana S on May 19, 2009 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My solution is to use cross-selling instead of packing function. When you create a order with material A (bread), system offers you additional materials - material B (plastic bag) and material C (paper bag). On the customer's demand, you choose B or C. You must customize system to use item type 1 for ordered material and item type 2 for additional material:

Order: item type 1, free-price item type 2

Delivery: item type 1, item type 2 (both to goods issue)

Invoice: only item type 1 (item type 2 not invoiced)

Marian

Edited by: marian.malis on May 19, 2009 11:01 AM

0 Kudos

Simplest method I can think off from the box.. is to have those packing items a text items.

cheers

happy SAPying.

Regards