Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

packing question

Dear Gurus,

Our client is into sales of packed food items which are packed into Plastic bags or Paper bags (say like Bread). Now my question is:

1. Is there a possibility to select one of the neccessary Packing items (Plastic Bag / Paper Bag) at the time of creation of Sales Order, since the sales people get the packing requirement from the customers, which needs to be entered at order creation time only and not at delivery creation time?

2. When we do auto pack at delivery level, does the system automatically reduce the bag stock according to the packing material selected in the sales order?

3. Do we need to create any packing order like shipping order for the packing process to take place or does the entry of packing instructions at the time of order creation sufficient to reduce the stock of packing material while doing PGI?

The forum had a lot of material for creating auto packing procedure, but I did not find answer for these questions. They may be very basic to you all but for me they are very important, so kindly help me with these points.

Thanks and regards

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question