cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA transfer structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anybody explain me the importance of PA structure in settlement profile ? We are having COPA implemented.

If possible give some example and how does it helps in reporting...

One thing to mention is that we are just bhaving costs on WBS and no revenues

Thanks

Sarang

Edited by: Sarang Mujumdar on May 18, 2009 4:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the PA transfer structure, you determine which cost element groups are assigned to which value fields in Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). You make these assignments within so-called "assignment lines".

Settlement lets you transfer costs, revenues, sales deductions and production variances to costing-based Profitability Analysis. The PA transfer structure defines which quantities or values of a sender are to be transferred to which value fields in CO-PA as part of settlement.

For example, in the case of a marketing order, you can assign the cost element group "Personnel costs" to value field VTRGK (= Sales overhead).

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you eloborate more on Value fields part in PA structure ? What is the relevance of Qty/Value here and how do we configure this?

What are the reports available for reporting on this?

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assigning to Value Fields

You assign value fields in a PA transfer structure in the individual assignment lines. Values and quantities must be transferred to different value fields. Values can be assigned separately according to the fixed and variable portions (fixed/variable indicator "1" and "2", respectively) or in total (fixed/variable indicator "3").

You can assign the fixed and variable costs that are incurred by a cost element group to different value fields.

PA tran. Assignment Qty/ Fixed/ Value

structure line value var. field

GK 10 Personnel costs 1 3 VTRGK

GK 20 Material costs 1 3 VTRGK

GK 30 Other costs 1 3 VTRGK

KD 10 Personnel costs 1 1 FERTF

KD 10 Personnel costs 1 2 FERTP

KD 20 Material costs 1 3 ROHST

KD 100 Revenues 1 3 ERLOS

FA 10 Material price var. 1 3 ABWRP

may not assign a cost element group or cost element group variance category to more than one field in the operating concern. However, you can assign the fixed and variable costs which have been incurred under one cost element group to different value fields. (The following example is for PA transfer structure "OH" (Overhead).

Assignment line Origin Group Value field

10 Personnel costs COSTELEM BAB-PERS VTRPS

20 Material costs COSTELEM BAB-MATE VTRGK

30 Other costs COSTELEM BAB-SONST VTRGK

Muzamil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarang,

Basically if you intend to map specific costs incurred to a value field in COPA, you have to build PA transfer structure, irrespective of the fact you have no revenue. The cost elements in turn are mapped to Value fields in PA structure.

Now I also did see your another e-mail string on capital projects settlement to lower WBS. I have few of my thoughts on it & I would like to hear your experiences on it; above all your current strategy to handle all around it.

I have similar experiences.

Thanks & Regards,

NC

Edited by: NAKUL CHAKOO on May 19, 2009 1:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the PA transfer structure, you determine which cost element groups are assigned to which value fields in Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). You make these assignments within so-called "assignment lines".

Settlement lets you transfer costs, revenues, sales deductions and production variances to costing-based Profitability Analysis. The PA transfer structure defines which quantities or values of a sender are to be transferred to which value fields in CO-PA as part of settlement.

For example, in the case of a marketing order, you can assign the cost element group "Personnel costs" to value field VTRGK (= Sales overhead).

Muzamil