cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plant and company code while copying Netowork using TC CN21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are creating some projects by copying existing projects.

For this we are using BDC programs.

For Projects and WBS we are using TC CJ2D and for networks and its elements we are using CN21 in BDC program.

While copying we have to change some fields like company code,plant MRP contrlr etc in the target

WBS and netwroks.

In the process of copying networks the Plant and company code fields are disable and it is not allowed

to change.

If we assign the new plant (e.g.1234) in CN21 first screen then it gives info popup saying that old plant (e.g. 9999)will be copied. so new plant(1234) is not considered.

How can we change the plant and company code value in this case? Is this standard SAP behaviour or

it can be changed? Please help me out to solve the same problem.

We are using ECC6 platform for the above process.

Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make sure that Plant is the field which you can intert when you create netwrok for the first time. So, if you are creating new Network than only system will allow you to give plant

Now coming to your case if you are creating new Project via coping than chekc that where you create network first time at that time you give your required plant irrrespective of transaction.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

TC CNMASS is not helping me incase of netwrok. if you go to Netwrok tab you will not be able to find

Company code and plant field.

TC CJ20N works only when i create netwrok. if i try to copy netwrok i get the same problem as CN21.

Regards,

Atul

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to change company code & plant by using CJ20N transaction for individual project defn, wbs element, network etc.

or

also you can try to change copmany code & plant for multiple projects by using CNMASS transaction.

goto CNMASS transaction

select database profile [000000000001 Standard selection (structure)]

select all the projects with multiple selection facility

then click on "enter field values for mass changes" here you can select project defn, wbs elem, wbs milestone, network, activities etc. by clicking on one of tab,

like proj defn, then click on choose fields, select company code & plant field transfer it to left side, enter

here put new value for comany code & also put old value( replace only) with mark tick on.

same way you can do it for plant.

click on check & execute.

after this you can check in cj20n

by using cnmass transaction you can make changes instantly for multiple objects of ps.

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the network parameters for the network type,

whether the specific plant has been maintained or not against the networktype.

Ashis