cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch event !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Pls help me code to catch event after add a new item into database successful from Item Master Data form. BC I want to do something with that new item at once when it's just been inserted into the database. Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, DI Event Service comes with samples too and these samples are available for C# and VB.NET too.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

We have a new tool called DI Event Service provided in SDN. It is free and open source, please check it out @ https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/53cefa6a-0a01-0010-cd8e-e7c....

Hope this helps,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

do you have an example of that Di Event Service in Visual Basic? We are interested in using this Event Service for our application.

Thank you,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margerete,

C# is almost alike VB.NET, so it must be easy to convert from C# -> VB.NET. (I do it all the time the other way around, VB.NET -> C#)

If you are using plain VB, I'm afraid it might be a bit difficultier, because the service uses Microsofts Message Queuing Service. In .NET those functiosn are a lot easier...

Hope it helps,

Rowdy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at the new Form Data Event available in V2005 SP1. It will notify you when a new item has been added in the Item Master form.

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

There is no such event. Maybe the <i>et_Validate</i> event in combination with the <i>!pVal.Before_Action</i> (so after the validate event) could do the trick.

Otherwise, if you could do that 'something' you want to do in SQL, you could use the <i>SBO_SP_TransactionNotification</i>. That stored procedure is called everytime anything occures in SBO.

Hope it helps,

Rowdy