cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing value for objVersion!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have imported a lot of objects in the QA system. Because of problem in one of the flow i have deleted

all the objects for that flow.

Now, when i am trying to import it once again then it is showing me an error message "Missing value for objVersion!" .

Is there any where i can trace what might be the exact cause of the error.

Point to be considered:

1. Version will not be the cause as i have previously import in the same exvironment.

2. No active version is there in the change list.

3. No conflit tab is present.

Thanks in Advance.

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any help from your side. I am still in the middle of it.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Can you please elaborate your suggestion " Try to retrieve all the deleted objects from the latest TPZ file before you have deleted the objects. "

Thanks In Advance.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi & Shabarish,

I know that the problem occured because of deleting the object directly from the QA system. But, now the object is deleted and no more. Even i tried importing the same object that i have imported previously but still it is showing the same error.

Now, how could i import the deleted object ( I mean what exactly you want to mean by delete object from the development system and import it).

Is there any way i can trace that one. I can see those objects in the ' closed' option only but not in ' open' stage.

Thanks In Advance.

Jay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have imported a lot of objects in the QA system. Because of problem in one of the flow i have deleted

> all the objects for that flow.

>

> Now, when i am trying to import it once again then it is showing me an error message "Missing value for objVersion!" .

>

> Is there any where i can trace what might be the exact cause of the error.

> Point to be considered:

> 1. Version will not be the cause as i have previously import in the same exvironment.

> 2. No active version is there in the change list.

> 3. No conflit tab is present.

>

> Thanks in Advance.

> Jay.

The issue is because you have deleted a object in QA. So when ever you import an object it checks for the previous version to keep track of history, Since now that you have deleted the object it isnt finding the previous version.

SO do as mentioned by Ravi. Do not directly delete from QA. Delete in Dev and import the deleted version via transport in QA always.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jay,

Where did you delete the objects?

In QA or dev?

Try to retrieve all the deleted objects from the latest TPZ file before you have deleted the objects.

Then try to import the other objects that you need.

If you want to delete an object, you should delete that object in Dev system.

Export that deleted object from Dev.

Import that tpz in QA.

Then it will delete that object.

Regards,

Ravi