cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore a class after I delete it?

former_member207732
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted a class incorrectly. Can I restore it? It's very important for me. Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

is it Local class($tmp) then Leave it. if it is assigned to some package and you have Transport attached and versions are there then you can get back with help of TP from Production/QA.

if it local no chance of getting it back.

Regards

vijay

former_member207732
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not in $tmp package. I develop it in anonther package. But I didn't transport request. How can I restore it?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you are telling it is under change request. do you have any versios for that class. if there are versions then there is a chance to get back.

and if it not transported at all(even in the past)if it is new then there is no possibility to get that.

try to look at versions

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be able to get it back even if you did not transport it. But the object would have to be in a transport that was at least released. If it was, you can create the empty object and then use version management to restore it to the latest version.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid, if its a local class, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

If you have deleted it in DEV and have not tranported that into QA, I think you can get it back from the QA box.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member207732
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not a local class. I develop it in DEV system and it's in a change request. How to restore it in QA box?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have to retrieve sections of the class one by one. I am not aware if you can get the class in one shot.

Go to SE24

Utilities --> Versions --> Version Management and you will different objects there.

Display the versions, SELECT the previous than the current one and CLICK on RETRIEVE.

You might have to do this for each object of yours. IF you cannot see that at all in your DEV system, then, you probably can check with the BASIS team to transport that object from QA / PROD to DEV.

I think you will have to go with BASIS team.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

former_member207732
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to SE24, but I can not see any different objects. And it said the object type does not exist.

What can I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to ask the BASIS guys to move that object from QA / PROD to DEV again. You don't have an option here.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers