Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Blocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me with below query.

I have one dialog user who is blocked due to incorrect log on.

So for reseting password i went to SU01 then reset the password and for checking i did log in but I am getting error like " PEASE CHECK THE CODE INITIAL THREE CHARACTERS MUST BE DIFFERENT THAN OLD CODE "

I have tried to give password in SU01 manually,also generate automatically and checked that the new password is not matching with earlier one.

Still I am getting same error .

4 REPLIES 4

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u got the message as the password u were trying to use was conflicting with the system settings / password rules. After generating the password when u are again trying to login u should not get this message again unless u are using the same Window. You should close the existing SAP Screen and then again open it and try to login with a different password which is not same as the last used password.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Please help me with below query.

>

> I have one dialog user who is blocked due to incorrect log on.

> So for reseting password i went to SU01 then reset the password and for checking i did log in but I am getting error like " PEASE CHECK THE CODE INITIAL THREE CHARACTERS MUST BE DIFFERENT THAN OLD CODE "

> I have tried to give password in SU01 manually,also generate automatically and checked that the new password is not matching with earlier one.

>

> Still I am getting same error .

Check your profile parameter for user passwords.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kedar,

Check the profile parameter "login/min_password_diff" in RZ11. Usually, for resetting the password in SU01, you can reset it to any password except if certain parameters are activated such as min no.of numbers/chars (login/min_password_digits,etc). This password is the initial password.

The parameter login/min_password_diff will have its effect when you try to put the new password after logging in with initial password.

If for example, login/min_password_diff is set to 5...you will not able to change the password previously used 5 passwords.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

If for example, login/min_password_diff is set to 5...you will not able to change the password previously used 5 passwords.

The example above does not correspond to the above parameter login/min_password_diff but to the parameter login/password_history_size which restricts an user to reuse a password that has been previouly used depending upon the value set for this parameter.

The parameter login/min_password_diff enforces "the minimum number of characters which must be different in the new password compared to the the previous password".

It seems that the above error is for the value set for the parameter login/min_password_diff which is not letting the user to set a password containing the characters that had been a part of the previous password.Most likely the value set for the parameter is 3.

Thanks,

Saby..