cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Update records could not be found in SM13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have got the following Update Records Cancelled alert getting repeated in CCMS.

-

<SID> Update UpdateServices Old Update Records 609 Update records has been cancelled SAPSYS 2009/05/12 04:32:44 3 50

-

Actually the alert first appeared in CCMS on 2009/04/17.

While on the same day we have checked in SM13 for Cancelled Update requests, but could not find any.

As the update records could not yet be processed, the message keeps appearing in CCMS.

This being the situation, I would like to know the following:

1. Where to find those (cancelled) Update records and how to process them succesfully ?

(Since we could not find them using SM13.)

2. After sucessfully processing those error, will the CCMS alert will disappear automatically ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards,

Raghunahth L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to use the program from

Note 1280546 - Shadow tables during the update

to find the updates, backup and delete them.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Parellelly we had contacted OSS and they have told us to use the note 1280546 and create and use program Z_HANDLE_ORPHANS.

Z_HANDLE_ORPHANS is used to check whether there are entries in the tables VBMOD and VBDATA for which

no entry with the same VBKEY exists in the table VBHDR, which are called as update orhpans.

Hence markus gets the "Solved Problem" points. Thanks a lot for everyone for your active contribution

towards solving this problem.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Raghunahth L

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the update has been successfully processed,it will not show in SM13 but will show in CCMS alerts

I guess after the update failed,your functional team might have processed it and thats why it is not showing in SM13

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If the SM13 has been processed successfully by the Functional Team or someone,

then the error should get automatically cleared from CCMS alerts also right ?.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghunahth L

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it will not,

you will have to clear the alerts in CCMS monitor because the error occured and it was recorded in CCMS

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

But I had checked with the Functional team as well, and nobody had done any processing for these errors.

It means the error that is appearing in CCMS alerts did not appear in SM13.

Will this be possible ??

Thanks a lot again.

Best Regards

Raghunahth L

Former Member
0 Kudos

No this will not be possible

1. What I assume is that the update error might have come to the end user while doing the transaction and he would have tried that again and the update error would have processed and so no update errors in SM13

2. Some one might have deleted the request in SM13

Rohit