Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Change Notifications

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I have created a project room and added members and project lead to it. Now, when a meeting is created under it. I see no notification being sent to the members nor project lead. Notification was sent to individual users when they were added to the room.

Please advise if there is any configuration for notifications to happen to the members of the room when new document, meeting, new or any change occurs on the room.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Unfortunately there is no all-in-one notification service for objects from collaboration rooms. The rooms use another services such as KM repositories, Groupware, etc.

So for documents you can enable KM Subscription. Appointments are based on Groupware and notifications are managed by it.

Regards,

Sergei

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergie,

I have created a meeting. Which notifier and where whould I activate notification for this?

Should a room not have all-in-all notification?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

If you created meeting using Meeting Template then it is managed by KM. You have to find folder containing data for meetings and turn on Subscription.

1. Finding the folder.

a. Click on details link for your meeting.

b. In opened window go to Settings -> Properties -> Access Links and then copy content of Explorer URL to clipboard.

c. Open a new browser window and paste the address there. You are in folder of your meeting

d. Now you should go to one folder up in order to get to the folder containing all meetings in your room. Go to the end in the address line and cut last directory in the path. Press enter. Now you are in the right folder.

2. Enabling subscription

a. Click on context menu button right to the name of folder on top of the window and then select "Details"

b. Select Settings -> Subscription from the menu and setup subscription as you wish. If you'd like to subscribe all participants then you can chose group "ROOM_<room name>" here.

Hope it helps,

Sergei

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for the detailed answer. However, despite receiving mail for having registered for subscription, I do not receive notification on creation of new meeting. In fact, I tried subscripbing to the meeting itself, and when I changed the date of the meeting, I received no notification mail.

Please advise as to what might be wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

What did you specify in subscription? Probably it doesn't catch your changes or doesn't send messages immediately.

Please specify following:

Notification On: Any Change

Frequency: On Every Event

Expires: Never

Scope: All Items in this Folder and in Subfolders to Complete Depth

It will generate notifications for all possible changes immediately.

Regards,

Sergei

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sergei,

Thanks for your responses. I have received notification. However, I am unable to assign points to you. Any reason why?

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Probably your session on www.sdn.sap.com has timed out. You can try to restart your browser and relogin to sdn.

Regards,

Sergei

Answers (0)