cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple pages layout in Smartforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei guys,

I need to create a Smartform which has two parts. The top portion will remain the same, but it could possibly be more then one page because of size of text. The second part will have different values but the size will always be the same.

Now we need to print multiple pages where the second the part will be different.

I know that i will need to create a first page and a next page. But do i need to create two main windows in first page, one for each part. And what do i need to have in next page?

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Nahman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot create two main windows in smartforms.

I think you can achieve this by creating templates if you are displaying ststic data.

Regards

Akmal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said The top portion will remain the same include this in the secondary window.

The second part will have different values but the size will always be the same this in the main window.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Firstly you cannot create two main windows, what you can do is use the CONDITION tab of whatever you are using like table or template or anything and it that click the check of 'Only on Page' option and use it accordingly.

With luck,

Pritam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Keep all the data in the tables in the main window of the first page so that if the data exceeds the first page it can flow through the second page and regarding the next part just check whether the data is there or not if the data is there means simply use the command to go to the fresh page.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to have only a single main window from top to bottom and a single page, because the top portion is not the fixed text, as it may exceed the first page. You need to define as a table in the main window, becasue templates will not work as it has height, which we don't know how many lines text gonna be.

For the second part, this text will only be printed when the first part prints. As you need to have new page for each new 2nd part, you can use the command option and go for page break, Each new 2nd part will be in the new page.

but for the first text of the 2nd part don't put a page break. From next time onwards keep the page break.

keep all the data in another table for the 2nd part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain,

You need to break the internal table with data into equal parts(that would be equal to number of pages) both top part internal table and bottom part internal table.

Now from first internal table (of both top and bottom)print the data in first page.

At end of first page check if the second internal table is having data or not if yes then call the second page using command line.

Now print the contents of the second internal table (of both top and bottom part in this page). continue in similar fashion for third page incase data is left.

hope you understand and get some idea out of the above discussion.

Cheers,

Suvendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This gives me an idea on how to start on this Smartform.

So if i understood you correctly, i only need one window for both first and second part of the Smartform.

But i will also need to display the same first part everytime i print out new second part. Will this still print first part everytime second part is printed?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nahman,

Yes you only need one Window.

You mean the header/Top half is going to have only one value all the time and the second part/item are going to have number of data which is going to flow tho the next page.

Then for first part Instead of taking internal table take variables and copy the same windows to your next calling page. Call your next calling page by using command line at the end of bottom part internal table comes to an end but still carries some data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei,

I have now worked on the Smartform. I am still struggling little bit. This is what i have now:

I have one main which have 3 tables. The first two tables are displayed in the top portion of the page. As they are based on internal tables the number of rows will be different, so we dont know the exact size.

In the bottom portion i have a table which is also based on an internal table. Now in this case we only want to print one row and then jump to next page where i want to display the top portion again and the next line of bottom portion. The issue i have right now is that the bottom portion needs to be printed on a fixed place of page. But what happens is that after first row is printed, and it goes to next page and starts printed on top of the next page. I dont want that.

What i need is that the third table prints once on each page on a fixed position. Because once these pages are printed, they are not printed on a blank pages but a on a form where bottom portion values needs to be printed on specific fields.

Thanks