cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gross Weight & Net Weight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When I enter a service material in the sales order, the system prompts me to enter the Gross wieght and net weight. I do not want to maintain weights for some materials.

Could you please tell me the settings for this?

Thank You

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the sales order item category in VOV7 remove the tick for weight /volume relevant and create a new order and see

This is controlled by item category

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I tried this option but does not seem to work.

Any other settings?

Thank You

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Any other settings?

Thank You

Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sitiaishah_abdulfatah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I also want to know wheter we can enable to edit gross weight and netweight in delivery order level or billing level. because our current SAP vf02 cannot edit at all the item. we need to make sure it fit 1 cointainer with 18 MT. thanks hope can drop me email or reply me really need solution.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OMS9 and if your material type Field ref is FERT,then go to Selection Group 120 and select Optional Entry.

Your problem will be solved.

Best Regards,

ANkur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I wrongly sent the reply as I just read material master and skip the Sales order.

Go to VOV7 , against the item category coming in the sales order, remove the tick from 'Weight".

But it will be applicable only for those material which have the same Item Category Group as with the respective material.As this Item category is determined through one of the parameter like Item Category Group.

Best Regrads,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maintain 1 gm or 1 kg depending on your material master . Your problem will be solved.

Thanks

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The user does not want to maintain that even.

I am confused as what controls this settings. Is it the Weight/Volume relevant indicator in Item category?

ThankYou

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IN SO processing net and gros weight is mandatory . So in order to fulfill , make net weight and gross weight . I resolved in this way and the user is fully aware.

Try to suppress net weight and gross weight for the material type and check.

THanks

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Any other settings?

Thank You

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First remove the activation from the check box "Weight/Vol.relevant" in the Item category(e.g, TAD ) in t.code VOV7 as already suggested by other members.

Next, in the Item category, find out the Incompletion procedure assigned to the Item category(like in standard system Incompletion Procedure 28 is assigned to Item category TAD).

In the Incompletion Procedure, check that VBAP- BRGEW(Gross weight) and VBAP-NTGEW(Net weight) should not be available.

If it is there, then delete those rows from the Incompletion procedure and try.