cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restricted automatic creation of PO in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

When we create a sales order (VA01), we had customized the automatic creation of a Production order (CO01); but our client is asking us to limit this automatic creation to a certain characteristics of the material.

For example, we have to choose the colours (number and values), and for one colour, the production order donu2019t need to be created automatically.

Please can anyone help me to find any solution for this matter?

Thank you in advance

Hachim EL ALAMI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hachim,

if there is only one material for which you don't want production order to be created you can restrict that particular material by using material exclusion from Logistics screen - Sales and Distribution - Master Data - Products - Listing/Exclusion

and select condition type B001 for Exclusion and now if you try to enter this material in the sales order system will give you an error

OR

you can use listing condition type A001 in order to include only those materials for which you want production order to be created for them

Hope this will solve you purpose

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

In fact, the material is a configurable object. Once we choose this material in a line item, we have to choose the characteristics in a new window (witch apears only if the material is a configurable object). in this characterisctics we find type/ coulors...

I hope i give you a clearer idea about my problem.

Thanks

Hachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

Thanks for your answer,

In fact for any material, we have some configuration /characteristics to select (exemple of characteristic = the colour, and we have 600 colours). And for one characteristic, we need to not create the PO (exemple: colour= none).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hachim,

Can you please tell me how to classify / differentiate same material on the basis of some characteristic say colour / size in material master. I mean do we have create 100 separate material master for the same material if there are say 100 diff. colours

Thanks in advance

Sagar