cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain scheduling through backgroub jobs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have process chain which we are scheduling on daiy basis from 4 AM to 7 PM.For this we are using a jobs created in SM 36 and for each job we are giving periodicity daily.This is working fine in Prod.But due to some reason this has to be replicated in QUA(As we dont transport our Info package).I will be creating jobs in Sm36 and activating and scheduling process chain.So it has to pick up every job hourly from 4 am to 7 pm.BUt its not happeingin like that after scheduling process chain only first time job is execucted and next all jobs I will be getting as job in FINISHED status but the data is not loading any of the info providers.Can any one throw some light where exactly I am made mistake?

<Removed>

Vasu

Edited by: Arun Varadarajan on May 18, 2009 6:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the process chain Log.

I think only your start variant is going to success.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I checked in the log there is no log for that particular time.

I checked job logs in SM 37 for particualr and here is log for that job.Please help me with log.

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSPROCESS, variant &0000000002083, user ID xyz)

Event RSPROCESS with parameter 4CRNZQL8RBRHTCGNRG7XXAVOY successfully triggered

Job finished .

Thanks.

Vasu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could solve this on my own.

Thanks for all of you for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To rule out the real issue maybe try executing the Infopkg manually to see it runs without any issues and loads the Infocube. If it loads fine then the problem could be with the user ID that you are using for the batch job. Try to assign SAP_all and 0BI_ALL so it has all necessary auths.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu,

Create the process chain directly in RSPC and that would still allow you to set it up as any other scheduled job in SM36.

Create a new variant and if you have the variant already created then go into the option to maintain the variant and in next screen you have the same options as you schedule any other the batch job where you have to choose "DATE and TIME" and that would allow you to set it up like a regular scheduled job otherwise it will schedule it only for once and end there.

Thanks,

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but already did all these exrecises.Even then also I am facing same issue.I have created jobs for each and every hour from 4 am to 7 pm and I made each job to run daily.I have also given in the varient screen start and run on daily basis.Above all this exercise this is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take a look at it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to me it is authorization related issue, just use power user id to schedule the job.

Regards,

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scheduling a process chain with the SM36 seems a technical, difficult and risky way to me.

Why don't you schedule the process chain with the RSPC ?

Regards,

FCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the requirement is it should be daily from 4 am to 7 pm daily.

Can you tell me any other options if you have?

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Can you tell me any other options if you have?

I would create a event and write a program to trigger it only between 4:00 and 7:00 by doing check of system time and run this program daily and hourly(as desired).Eventually the event gets triggered only between my required time.And schedule the process chain based on event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for good hint.

But as I mentioned it earlier already there is a process chain running in production with jobs.Now I wanted to check some thing in qua so I have to reproduce all of them in Qua.So I cannot change the procedure what allready being adopted inproduction.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh Ok.

Can you just check if you have scheduled (clicked the clock icon) the process chain in your quality ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help.