Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding NWDS SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few issues with NWDS.

1. I am unable to find configure Mobile Development ToolKit in NWDS SP14. When I choose Window->Customize Perspective ->Other, I find Mobile Development Tools and MDK Peripheral Support Actions but not MobileDevelopmentToolkit.

2. Also when I click on Help->HelpContents, an error "Network Access message - page cannot be accessed" error is displayed. Is it because of some proxy settings. I have internet connectivity and I am able to browse websites without giving any proxy details in my internet explorer settings.

3. Is there any alternative link for MDK help right from basics of MI client app framework.

Please let me know of any solution.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed NWDS SP 14. Is there any way that I can check if the installation has been successful other than checking it at time of installation.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

I check using the file size its about 495MB with adobe.

Mostly the error occurs during the unpacking of the SAR file. so, to check if any error occured, when i unpack the sar file i give <i>SAPCAR <sarfile> -xvf >> <filename.txt></i> so, all the console messages get saved in the file. i open to look for errors. once i click on the SETUP.EXE, it works fine (if unpacked well).

Regds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello raja,

MDK is just a plugin. check the folders for the following

plugins:

com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools

com.sap.ip.me.mdk.pios.docgen_1.1.4

they could be find under <JDTinstfolder>\eclipse\plugins

regards

jo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

Mobile Developemnt Tools and Peripheral SUpport actions are together called as MDK.

I'll provide you with one link for Online MDK. Here it is... http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted%5Fdocs/MI/MDK%5F2.5/

This link is your very own MDK but online! But you can't download the Sample files. Instead you may find the same in your Installation directory.
SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools\download folder.

If you had Installed NWDS, you will not have problems with the "Network Access message - page cannot be accessed" message.

Rgds

Ak.