Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with async scenario ABAP proxy->PI7.1->SOAP using the WS adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have set up a scenario as described in the label, but I have some issues:

a, my outbound messages on the ECC remain in the scheduled status (green flag) - Released for processing (WS). Why? Must there be some processing be executed? Manual? Or job?

b, I tried to call the web service on the PI (wsdl from the sender agreement). The WSDL shows by default the location port as 443(I don't know why, where is this taken from). However, I changed it to 50000 and tried to send the request and I was getting following error:

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<soap-env:Header/>

<soap-env:Body>

<soap-env:Fault>

<faultcode>soap-env:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring xml:lang="en">CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL:An exception occurred.An exception with the type CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause.Dereferencing the NULL reference</faultstring>

<detail>

<ns:SystemFault xmlns:ns="http://www.sap.com/webas/710/soap/runtime/abap/fault/system/">

<Host>undefined</Host>

<Component>APPL</Component>

<ChainedException>

<Exception_Name>CX_SOAP_CORE</Exception_Name>

<Exception_Text>CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL:An exception occurred.An exception with the type CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause.Dereferencing the NULL reference</Exception_Text>

</ChainedException>

<ChainedException>

<Exception_Name>CX_SOAP_ROOT</Exception_Name>

<Exception_Text>An exception occurred</Exception_Text>

</ChainedException>

<ChainedException>

<Exception_Name>CX_SY_NO_HANDLER</Exception_Name>

<Exception_Text>An exception with the type CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause</Exception_Text>

</ChainedException>

<ChainedException>

<Exception_Name>CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL</Exception_Name>

<Exception_Text>Dereferencing the NULL reference</Exception_Text>

</ChainedException>

</ns:SystemFault>

</detail>

</soap-env:Fault>

</soap-env:Body>

</soap-env:Envelope>

Any ideas?

Must be the service published in SR to be "callable"? Because this one wasn't and I can't do it due to some errors..

Thank, Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193335
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olian.

At the present time I have an exactly problem like you describe in your post. I also have a post in SDN about that. This is the link to my post: [;

The SAP Netweaver Technical Consultant wrote an OSS message to SAP. I like to share with you what SAP Technical Consultant tell me about this problem. On purpose, SAP answer does not solve the problem yet. I am still trying to find the solution.

In the text below Test_WS_4_In and urn:test_ws_4 are objects developed by me.

First of all you got this exception because an object method is called but the object is not referenced itself.

This happens in the CL_SOAP_APPLICATION_PROXY->IF_SOAP_APPLICATION_RT~EXEC_PROCESSING method row 58.

There the inbound_proxy attribute is not instantiated.

You could try to debug it yourself by placing a remote brakepoint for the user you are using to enter the WS Navigator tool.

Then I searched in se80 for service definition Test_WS_4_In but couldn't find such. Please, execute transaction SPROXY. Locate the software component where the inbound service interface has been modeled in the ESR. Afterwards below the urn:test_ws_4 namespace you should find a service interface Test_WS_4_In. Then you have to try to regenerate it and to activate it in SPROXY.

Please, do the above steps and try to test it afterwards. If there are further problems or you are not able to execute one of the steps please,send back the ticket to me.

I have reviewed the answer and i don't see nothing wrong.

If you have any idea share it with everyone.

Regards.

Rafael Rojas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

If I understood you right, you have developed a server proxy on ECC, correct?

Or you have exposed a service on PI and this throws the exception?

Because my case is the 2nd. The first is fine for me.

Let me please know.

Olian

former_member193335
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olian.

My case is the 2nd too. I have created a server proxy in SAP ECC which I exposed as a Web Service in SAP ECC. Finally I use that exposed Web Service in SAP PI in an Asynchronous Integration Scenario.

When I try to consume the Web Service exposed in SAP PI using XMLSpy an error occurs, wich is exactly like yours. The error only occurs with asynchronous integration scenarios.

Regards.

Rafael Rojas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi olian

we can saw this class(CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL) via T.code SE24 .

this exception is due to incorrect declartion of variable in proxy class(i mean in server proxy program).

i hope the following link will help you some extent.

?

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to execute the work item manually in the queue.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00bbb77-75bc-2a10-6b9a-a6f81615...

take above PDF as reference.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

I didn't find anything where it would be possible to run the queue manually. Do you know how to do it?

Thanks, Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That document does not contain any information to execute the work item manually. It contains information regarding configuration of WS adapter.

To execute the work item manually, go to SMQ2,press F8 or execute button, enter into the queue, you will find an entry , again double click on the entry, there again press F8 or enter execute button. This will execute your work item manually.

Regards,

Reyaz hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think WS-RM sequences are not displayed in SMQ2. I usually use SRT_TOOLS for managing the sequences. Sometimes you get more information there if something had failed. Try the "Sequence monitor" and see if there are any errors. You can then choose to display them. Maybe you find additional information there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joerg,

Everything seems to be ok in the system. All the queues (WS-RM) are ready, everything is green. No error information. There is a "Sequence is being executed" message for each of the sequence.

I have no clue, what could be wrong. Any ideas?

Is there any way how to force messages to be processed, some manual start?

Thanks a lot,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

maybe the WS queues are not registered. I suppose that you can reproduce this and that it occurs every time you send a message. Have you checked the bgRFC Monitor in the SRT_TOOLS? There you should see all active queues in the systems. In the bgRFC Configuration you can schedule destinations and register queues (I guess). Maybe there you find some inconsistency. I can only guess here, because I haven't had to work with that part yet. Maybe try to look for some documentation on those features and see if you find something.

Good luck!

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeorg,

the queues should be fine as they have status READY in sequence monitor.

One more question, do you have a ABAP Proxy->PI->.. scenario? When you check the outgoing messages from sxmb_moni on the source SAP ECC, can you see there whole information about sender system, sender interface, receiver systems, receiver interface? Because I don't see the receiver information there and I'm not sure if it should be like that.

Thanks, Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I do have thos scenarios. What you see there is perfectly alright. In the ABAP system you cannot know where the message is going to be distributed. This is determined by the receiver determination in PI, and that's why this information in the columns of SXMB_MONI is empty in application systems.

You may see misleading information regarding this topic in the trace, but everything which is written in there will be overwritten once the message comes to PI.

Queues may be in "ready" status and still not getting executed. In fact, this is what I'd expect when they're not registered or stopped. I'd really recommend you to investigate on this issue, because those WS-RM queues have a different name range and are apparently not registered in the SMQR.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joerg, thanks a lot! I'm a little bit more happy to hear this

Btw: you seem to be the only person whi has successfully implemented a scenario using the WS adapter! (or at least the only one who helps other with it)

I'll try to investigate and hope I'll find something.

Thanks again, Olian

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>outbound messages on the ECC remain in the scheduled status (green flag)

did you register the queues in TCODE- SXMB_ADM (on ECC)

Regards,

Michal KRawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

yes, the queues are registered. But if I'm not wrong, WS runtime uses different queues then the ones registered in the sxmb adm, right?

Thanks, Olian