Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate backend adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

I'm trying to create some data objects defining their related Backend Adapters (using standard BAPIs).

When I try to activate them I've got always the same errors:

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.AD_TELNRCL-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.AD_SMTPADR-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.AD_PSTCD1-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.LAND1-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.REGIO-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.AD_MC_STRT-

Only flat structures and fields of structure allowed in bapiwrapper.AD_HSNM1-

Client specific data object is mapped to client independent BAPI Wrapper

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

While creating the BAPI wrapers you can only use flat structures as the error messages indicates. Also, if you want to define a attribute you can reference it from a structure.

There are a few sample BAPI wrappers shipped along with SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

You can check out the BAPI's in function group 'SDOE_SAMPLE_BAPIWRAPPERS'

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've already used the same BAPIs in another system.

I've the DOE in a system TM2 and I've used the BAPIs of CR1 system and everithing worked fine.

Now I'd like to replicate the same examples with another system CR2. So i'm using exactly the same standard BAPIs and performing the same steps.

Why does it work with the one system and not with another one?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backend structures used in BAPI's might have been changed to include these non flat structures(STRING/RAWSTRING). Can you check it once.

Regards,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

I don't understand where I have to check it.

I have used only standard BAPIs (CRM_ACTIVITY_MOBILE_GETLIST for a Data Object and CRM_BUPA_MOB_SEARCH_GETLIST for another one). I used the same BAPIs for the other system and they worked.

The structures are automatically created by the system. I've checked and in the 2 cases (for the 2 system) all the objects created (Node structures, Node attributes, Flow definition, etc. ...) are the same.

I don't understand what might have been changed in the BAPIs, how to include these non flat structures(STRING/RAWSTRING) and what exactly I have to check.

Thanks and regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

I've try to modify somethig, I've "played" with the object and now I have the same situation for both of the systems:

the CRM_BUPA_MOB_SEARCH_GETLIST adapter raises the errors while the CRM_ACTIVITY_MOBILE_GETLIST works fine.

So probably the problem is in the backend adapter? In the BAPIs wrapper?

Can you please tell me where can I check if the BAPI includes the non flat structures(STRING/RAWSTRING)?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following.

1) In getList check whether the structure of (exporting or tables) parameter

have any non flat data types.

2) In getDetail check whether structure of (exporting or tables) parameter have non flat structure(i.e. AD_TELNRCL, AD_SMTPADR...)

3) Also check structures of importing and tables parameter of Create, modify bapi wrappers.

Note: if these structures has included any other structures, then look for non flat data types in those structures.

Regards,

Dhana

Edited by: Dhanasekhar Karuppanan on May 19, 2009 12:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

in my case I have only a getList-BAPI, which hasn't any exporting structure but it has only 2 tables: one for the standard return (BAPIRET2) and another one for the data (CRMS_BUPA_MOB_BPHEADER).

I've checked this structure and it has 5 of the 7 component types listed in the error messages:

AD_SMTPADR, CHAR 241

AD_PSTCD1, CHAR 10

LAND1, CHAR 3

REGIO, CHAR 3

AD_HSNM1, CHAR 10

How can I see that they are non flat structure?

And how can I check if the BAPI includes the non flat structures?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Can you please check if your structure contains components that are of type "Table types" and the "Data Type" column displays the table icon instead of types like CHAR or DATS or NUMC etc...

If it contains such components then the structure is certainly not a flat structure.

Best Regards,

Kranti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranti,

thanks for your reply.

I've checked and all the components have fields with data type CHAR mainly, then there are some NUMC and one INT4.

So there isn't any component of type "Table types". Correct?

Does it means that these are not flat structures?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

The problem could be that these structures are containing any data type like STRING/RAWSTRING.

and because the RFC BAPI's does not allow table type of non flat structure.

If you want to use these data types with mobile 7.1 you can use the attachments functionalities.

Regards,

Rohit