cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects licencing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you give us some guidance regarding what/if licences are required for Business Object reports.

We currently have 10 deski BO licences. We are looking to write many reports as part of the installation of a new Adult Care Management system , to reduce the number of reports required we will want to allow parameters to be entered to a report.

To execute a Business Objects report that requires a parameter to be entered do we need to procure licences for all potential users ? or can they be developed under the 10 deski licences and run by anyone else without the need for a licence.

We hope to make the reports available to all our users (approx 1200), so an idea of whether we require a licence for each user and the cost of any licences would be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Did you ever get further with this? I'm doing a similar exercise here at Surrey County Council - maybe we should speak!? I'm not clear how a user can interact (slice/dice/filter/sort) with a Desktop Intelligence report. I believe they too will need a DeskI licence but without the rights to write reports. A basic Business Objects license will give them access to use InfoView, but that gives little interaction beyond user prompts, print, export.

Interactive Viewer gives more interaction for the user, but only works on reports written in Web Intelligence.

I wonder if this is any help?!

Also - ask your supplier about the new 'SAP Business Objects Information and Analysis Package". This seems to allow users with an SAP license (e.g. for accessing the portal) to have a level of Business Objects access.

Trish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trish,

Thanks for the response. I did pose the same question to our account manager and I did get the response that we would need licencing for all users to give that ability to interact with the output. We can do that either by buying an enterprise licence or licencing individual users and for the sort of numbers we are looking at, the enterprise licence is the most cost effective. However, we haven't got the business case at the present time for that so we are looking at other methods of reporting.

I will now try the 'SAP Business Objects Information and Analysis Package' question and see where that gets me...

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

That's interesting. The costs do seem to be rather large - especially as we're looking at 2000 odd report users. Worth looking at what SAP license your users already hold and ask SAP what Business Objects functionality that would entitle them to.

I'll add to this thread as I learn more!

Good to talk

Trish