Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Extended Value Selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using an input field as EVS.

Can any one help me whether the below can be achieved using EVS r not?

Can we extended the number of colums displayed in the EVS.

Can we show text in the frontend and save id at the backend by using EVS.

Do, we have any options to change the Column Name in EVS.

Thanks,

Naaz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this blog on EVS

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/03/10/minus-evs-plus-ovs-value-help-smart-input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My actual requirement is :I have a model node which I am binding 2 my input field.The problem is if I take a dummy node as done in the EVS++ application given in sdn and create an another attribute and keep the property Calculated as true and written the set and get methods.Then I binded this calculated value to my inputfield.If i do this way the EVS is gone.

Can you tell me a solution how to display the text in the inputfield instead of text for a model node structure binded node.

Thanks,

Naaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naaz,

Let me answer your questions one by one:

1. You cannot insert an input box using EVS.If you want to do you have to implement OVS.

Refer this pdf for OVS implementation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cf40cf90-0201-0010-4a85-e5a207b9...

2. You cannot extend the no. of columns in EVS.Again you have to use OVS to achieve this.

3. You can show the text in the front end and save the id in the back end using EVS.

In order to do so: you can put the key and value in a hashmap and fetch id for the selected key.

4. In EVS you cannot change the column name.Again you have to use OVS to achive this.

Please let me know in case you need any more information.

Thanks,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

Thankx for the quick reply in the 3rd point u said "you can put the key and value in a hashmap and fetch id for the selected key."

Can you please tell me how to achieve the above.

Thankx,

Naaz