cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change company code and COntrolling ARea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to change the company code and controlling area for ps.

please tell us what important settings to look for?

also,

any suggestions on " can we have ps activated for more than one company code and controlling area?"

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The important point is that we can have more than one company code in a project but Controlling area should be one only.

Muzamil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

under "Activate Co area for porject management"

this is written in sap help:

Use

Indicator is selected

CO files are updated. The WBS element and network numbers are validated with the corresponding master data.

which master data this is talking about?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hmmm we have 3 company codes and 3 controlling areas on our sandbox server. and all the controlling areas have projects "tick marked" in them. what effect does this setting does?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont confuse your self.

First study the business process and then decide where you are going to implement SAP PS.

Dont look at sandbox.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ya, but my managers are saying to change company code and controlling area for some RnD on sandbox

thats why i am asking

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Projects active in Controlling Area:

Controls whether CO files are to be updated as additional account assignments for posting transactions that use WBS elements and networks.

If you want test then use a controlling area and company code in OPSA or you use one controlling area in OPSA and you enter 3 company codes while creating WBSE.

Muzamil

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

Refer below link which gives some details for change of company code & controlling area.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=26233421&messageID=7177668

sandeep

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OPSA Txn.

Create Project profile with the required controlling area & company code.

For different controlling area & company code combination, you can have different project profiles.

This should work fine.

Experts please correct me, if i'm wrong.

Thanks