cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a header on each page of the smartform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a main window with a header and a table.I want my header to be displayed on each page of the form when the table streches on several pages.In my case,my header is a template and i want it to be displayed every time my table is longer than the first page.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep the header data and the table data in the main window for the first page for the second page keep the header data seperately into another window (secondary window) other than the main window and then for the first page in the general attributes give the next page as Second page.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata,

That helped,after i made some major modifications ,because i had my template from in a loop that was in my main window.Not it works.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seba,

In the template create the text node for the header as per your requirement.Within the text node output options give the position for the text node for

ex: Text node for header 1

line : 1

column : 1

Text node for line item under header 1

line : 2

column : 1

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your header is a template in first page it will restrict to the first page itself.

If you want header to be displayed on each page you can do it by creating TABLE in the main window.

when the table streches it will continue to the next page also.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes,i know that the header is displayed on every page,but i cannot insert a template into the table.

I also cannot use a flag,because only the content of the table is processed until all the data from the table is displayed.I have to force that window to be displayed on each page if the table has overflow.

Any other ideas?

later edit:

I gues the option Sravathni gave me,is the only possibility.I have to declare rows exactly like the one from the template and move the whole template into the header of the table.

But isn't there an easier way to do that?

Edited by: seba seba on May 18, 2009 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seba,

Just copy paste the first pages header windows directly to second page, it will print the header details in all pages as the variables you are passing to header always remains the same any number of time they are called they will be printed.

Now you don't have to worry in case the item details have huge number of data to be displayed.

hope this will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Suvendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to build the template in the table using lines of the table,but still it does not look like the template from the first page.But now,another problem arrised.I have to use for the header just an outer frame,and for the table entries i have to use the frame with all the lines for the columns and lines.Is it possible to choose a frame for each line?As far as i know ,this is not possible.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define a table it has 3 areas

Header

Main area

Footer

Put your header data under "Header" area

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whatever Header we want to display, just define in Table Header. it will display in all the pages.

OR

U define a flag and set flag = 'X' for every new page. Define a condition in Condition tab, print only when FLAG = 'X'

Rgds,

Pavan