cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing settlement from WBS to P&L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to do a settlement from WBS to P&L Account(Expense account). In this case, "Dummy" Prof Ctr is getting derived from 0KE5 (we have maintained a dummy prof ctr). We have set the validations to disallow any postings/settlements to dummy prof ctr. Hence I am getting an error while doing settlement.

Now I am maintaning a Prof ctr in my WBS master data. I am unable to understand why system is deriving dummy prof ctr and not the one maintained on WBS master data. The settlements are working fine when I do them against Balance sheet accounts and proper prof ctr is getting derived, which is being maintained on WBS master data. I am getting trouble only while doing settlement to my P&lL i.e. expense accounts.

can anyone throw some light on this?

Thks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang,

You have maintained profit center in WBS master which is not updated at the time settlement to FI that what makes you worried. If you are making FI posting and give WBS as an additional account assignment then Profit center in WBS master will be updated. Here in settlement WBS is sender not the receiver so that profit center will not be updated. In settlement receiver (any) is debited and sender (WBS) is credited so this credit entry will be updated in profit center.

To your second query that when you carry out settlement to balance sheet account right profit center is updated then please make sure, that balance sheet account is maintained in 3KEH with profit center or OKB9.

Your P&L account (expense) receives dummy profit center because it is not able to find cost center which can fetch profit center from the master. So, if you can afford, maintain that cost elements (expense account) with profit center in OKB9.

might help you..........................................................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan

Thanks for your reply. I am talking abt the Credit entry on Prof Ctr. So when I am setteling to my B/S account the prof ctr on credit line item is getting populated from WBS master data.

But when I do the same thinh for my P&L account, the profit ctr is not getting derived and a dummy proft ctr is getting derived. Why is this happening ? I want the system to derive the Prof Ctr on WBS mastert data on credit line item when a FI document is generated.

Hope you understand my problem

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

clsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not closed....Any suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if any default profit center/cost center has been maintained for the debit P&L line item in OKB9 as default. If yes then try to remove this account assignment and then check if the credit line item now gets the profit center from WBS element.

Thanks and regards

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No default prof ctr is maintained in OKB9......till same issue....

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed