cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Request Workflow not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodday all,

I am using the standard WS12300111 for all leave the leave request. There is no problem requesting for leave. However, the leave requests are not appearing in the UWL for managers approval. When i checked SWIA, the workflow is not being triggered too. We are on ECC6 with portal 7.0. I have also noticed that in the standard iview 'Leave Request: Approval' of the manager, the request is appearing there. Did i missed out on any configuration step?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned your task ID with the below parameters in SWFVISU transaction in R/3?

APPLICATION LeaveRequestApprover

PACKAGE sap.com/ess~lea

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Test your workflow in t.code SWUS, check it going for approver

2) If not going make the decision task as General Task

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. I was able to get it to work. It is now coming out in the UWL. I was under the assumption that we need to set 'general task' only at the task level. Once i set the WF as 'general task', it started teh WF and reached teh approver's UWL.

However, now, when i click on the workitem in the 'uwl', a new 'Task' browser appears with error 'Action cancelled'.

Action canceled

Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

-

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi surjith

This is not ordinary workflow. So this workflow dont have user decision step. Its web dynpro java screen comes has approval.

@ Nahoj Deys

This error seems to be portal config problem. Ask your EP wheather webflow is properly configured.

Regards

vijay

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the above post make sure that the service is active in the SICF transaction

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nahoj Deys,

For Workitem to be appeared in UWL we need to do Configuration in R/3 using SWFVISU Tcode.

In that we need to specify the application you are going to use for that task number.

For that task you need to specify the Visualization type as ABAP Webdynpro or Java Webdynpro or BSP and so on.

For that task you need to specify the Visualization Parameters as follows.

APPLICATION	Zwebdynpro_app1
DYNPARAM	WI_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACE	SAP

Now this application name has to be configured by EP team to get opened when user clicked on Workitem.

If EP team not configured then you would see the normal SAP screen for approval like you find when

executed in SAP INBOX.

In your case I think application is not correctly configured as its unable to open the application properly.

As said by Pavan, activate the Application(webdynpro or Java etc..) services in SICF transaction which is madatory..

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

N.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Try to execute the Workflow using FM SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW manually.

if it works , then there must me some issue in portal while calling the Workflow.

2.If not, Check the basic data (HAT symbol) of the workflow, where agent shoud be assigned

to General task.

3. Check for any any warning in binding .Also check assignemnts in conditions .