Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i find cofiles/datafiles for virtual system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my setup

at our site there was a development system DEV, and a production virtual system PRD was created.

After everything is ready in DEV we make a system copy to remote production system (PRD)and need to add the transports there, as this is the real life production system. I copy the buffers, but in the cofiles/datafiles i can not find anything in /usr/sap/trans/ in DEV which is the old domain controller and holds sapmnt

Any idea how to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitar

You may want to check in other directories since you inherited this system.

Also, if you are using Unix, or related OS, it may be possible that /usr/sap/trans was mounted over the local directory containing the cofiles and data files.

You may want to unmount and check locally.

Just a thoughtu2026

Hope this helps.

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your transport requests were created with no target system, thaere are no cofiles/datafiles generated when they are released.

This may be your problerm if you have not defined a transport route for the virtual system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, is there any chance i recreate the files? it is really important

strange thing is the PRD_virtual buffer contains transports, but files consistency fails

The problem is I inherited undocumented setup and the DEV virt PRD transport domain at our site was already setup when we did the copy. Is there a way to copy the transports into new, without any change, just to get the data and cofiles?

Edited by: Dimitar Nestorov on May 18, 2009 11:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in the case I described, the only way is to recreate new transport requests...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

the way i see it the transport routes are ok, and there is target for every transport i am trying to forward,

the problem is that data/cofiles are not present at DIR_TRANS

i tried transport of copy in SE03 and it works but doing this for 200 transports is not very nice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search in every possible directories your transport files to allow for the fact that the DIR_TRANS may have be changed.

If you don't find them, then I'm afraid that you will have to recreate them a transport copies.

Good luck !

Olivier