Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading input file LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to use this transaction to get data for cs01; I have two files, and for the first file, where there are the header data, there is no problem, but for the second file I get a "not written". this is the result of the "read data" step:

Source Structure             Read      Written        Not Written

POSIZIONE                        1         0              1

TESTATA                          1         1              0

if I try to go on, I get no error, and trying to executing the batch in foreground, when I see that simply data about second file miss. I cannot understand why data are not written on read file on server. A possible mistake in field order for example is recognizable only at runtime, so what are the possible reason for not reading that file?

thanks in advance

Gabriele

3 REPLIES 3

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A possible mistake in field order for example is recognizable only at runtime, so what are the possible reason for not reading that file? => Yes , this can be one of the cause , better cross verify with the file column headers.

You can also check the data after "Convert data" step .

0 Kudos

thanks

effectively, not in converted, but in above read data I can't see data from second file; I was thinking that an error in the file could not be visible at this level, but only at processing level. So it's possible that an error in column input file order could be the reason why I cannot read it?

0 Kudos

thanks

I solved it. My error was that in the structure I declared ten fields, but when binding them, I used only four, so in input file I stored only the four I need; when reading there was a mismatch between number of fields, so the file was read, but not written because not compatible. adding six fields empty I get my batch input perfectly working.

Thanks for the hint!