cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Transport issue Q to P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the CMS Transport, the design and Directory objects moved DEV to Quality well, the problem is the Directory objects are not moved to Production.

Design objects are moved succuessfully in production, but the Directory objects are not moved. we can see XI 3.0 Import all Quality Configuration objects but which we configured the objects are not listed.Do we need to Tranfer the objects to lsadmin to anothe user?

Again create the ID objects through DEV system and its there in Quality after that while we are tying in Production tab in CMS we are getting outdated and some times import failed.

Please suggest me do we need to follow any steps

we followed SAP guide How To Transport XI Content Using CMS

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

We had same issue some time ago,the solution we got was that IR and ID objects behave differently when transported via CMS.

IR objects need to be exported from Dev system (tools->export design objects) and then you can handle everything in CMS tracks and they will go all the way to Prd.

ID objects on the other hand need to be exported from Dev(Tools->export configuration objects) and imported in QA,then you need to activate all those objects in QA and then again export from QA(Tools->export configuration objects) and import in Prd.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

once the transport is done from Q2P.In ID before importing objects ,transfer the objects from ISADMIN onto ur id.Then u can view all the transported objects.Now u can activate them.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

most of the objects are not mine, so i just tranfer the objects to another user and tried to transport again. in quality i got the objects in production its showing import failed in production tab.

when i check the Log its shoing that the communication chennal is locked by the user. but there was no locks avaible. might be the objects i have tranfer to other user its saying that its locked. but i don't want to activite the objects bcaz i am not sure what are the chages done for that objects.

please please suggest me

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you pls help me still my Directory objects are not moved to production. in Quality system the objects are coming with out any issue but not in production. while i am trying import i am getting in production table outdated.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

check all the users change list in prod system, it might be the case that same objects exist in change list.

you can delete the change list and re import the things

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we delete the objects from Chage list is will causing any problem to exesting scenarious. please suggest me bcaz as it is porduction i am not sure we can delete from other user chage list or not.

ClientServerException exception:Communication Channel is already locked in another change list by user other username

This is the error while i checked in CMS log.

Thanks,

Venkat.