cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow when pressing input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have strange case where when I press a UI element such as inputfield or text edit

I get like a dotted replica of my UI element somwhere next to my original UI element.

I tried to move the UI element out of the transparent container it resides in, but nothing helps.

Does someone know how this can be resolved?

Noteworthy: it does not happen in every app I write.

Thank you

yuval peery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yuval,

This is the problem when the input field 's width is not fixed means when it is depending on something.

I think you have given the width of the UI element in % or havenot given it. It will be better if you give the

width in px units. e.g. 15px. This will give the absolute width to the UI Element and that shadow wont come. Try it.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh

Unfortunately I did not solve my problem.

Gave an TextEdit a width of 100px yet the shadow refuses to go away......

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean the focus border? Why should it go away when a screen element is focussed?

Armin

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

are you changing the Layout width also?

change the layout width also to px units.

then see.

Regards,

Sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

what I meant is that even if I change the layout width to px, the dotted shadow still appears

somewhere to the right. The UI element - in this case TextEdit receives the focus, no problem -

but the annoying dotted frame is still to be seen. Only if my UI element looses focus, only then will the dotted frame go away.

I hope I made my self clear

regards

yuval peery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After some investigation I found out that shadowing and misplacement of drop down boxes occurs

when you use a container within a container. If you are using a group, do not put it in a transparent container for instance and vise versa.

I hope it help others

yuval peery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do believe you have the LENGTH property SET on this Input.. This happens whenever you have set a length bigger than whatever size is defined in the Simple Type in the Dictionary.

WDP shadows an area of the Input, and let the rest of the field "white". If you need to have the same "size" of the field, you "Reset" the length property and set a width in pixels for that Input.

However, WDP best practices recommends you to use the length property, I think this behaviour confuses a little bit the final user.

It seems like this is not the case! - I'll leave this message for the record, might be useful to someone searching in future.

Regards,

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Ruiz on Jun 17, 2009 6:04 AM