cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform : blank line created with out any reson , why ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have regular letter.

Line a

Line b

Line c......

but from some reason , some blank line created and cause spaces between the lines , why ?

For example:

Line a

Line b

Line c

Blank/space line

Line d

Blank/space line

Line e

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i just faced kind of this problem you had, i know its too late but this topic does not contains answer.

So for whom may face this problem in future, here is the solution;

-At smartform change the width of cells of your table, because short width causes space line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the para format you are using: goto paragraph formats->standard-> and check the no blank lines chk box...

see what happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please format the nodes for all the lines with (<C) placed after the field name e.g &tablename-fieldname(<C)&.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi, I'm having this problem also, is there any solution or advise for it?

My form contains a header and items, it looks nice as expected in the print preview; but when switch to List Display (menu Go to --> List Display) there are blank lines showing without reason.

Eg:

in print preview:

-

header_1

-

item1

item2

item3

item4

item5...

in list display:

-

header_1

-

item1

item2

item3

BLANK LINE

item4

item5

item6

item7

BLANK LINE

item8...

I try to print with our local printer LOCL and it is fine, but it output as in list display when user print it with their printer (a dot matrix printer), any advice or solution would be appreciated. Thank you.

Note: I have done all the commands that remove unexpected space like condense, &symbol(C)& etc, but the problem still persist

Edited by: BrenKC on Apr 20, 2011 3:23 AM

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the start position of the texts. if it is new para or new line of append directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dakota Piper,

I don't think theres any problem in ur table.

I think u have gone wrong in ur formatting.

u can try the following...

1) try to remove all the blank spaces, manually.

2) try to create right paragraph formats. paragraph formats will give a proper look, font, spaces & tabs to ur paragraph or to the text to which u assign that paragraph format.

assign the same paragraph format to all the lines.

3) if already the lines have some paragraph formats then check their line spacings.

line spacing is an attribute in paragraph format, where u can mention the amount of space between 2 lines called.

it is possible that the 1st 3 lines have been assigned the paragraph format with 0.5 LN line spacing

and next with 1.00 line spacing...so the rest of the lines appear as if theres a blank line between them

like this :

line 1

line 2

line 3

line 4

line 5

please try doing this...hopefully it should help u. it definitely seems to be some minor problem, which maybe is getting ingored by us. check every line properly.

Note: since i'm not infront of SAP window now, so not very sure...but in sap scripts we have this option in menu

GOTO -> LIST DISPLAY in this, the form is seen in list format...it clearly shows whether u have a blank line inbetween or no. thats the best format to check in.

not much sure abt smartforms, but please check.

regards,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the text and just click the paragraph tag on button.

This one will be present in between the formats and insert field.

There you can see it properly if you clicked any enter button after the lines if the empty lines are there means then just delete them.

Regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Write the text once again into the text node and check whether the problem is the same.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it in the format editor mode whether any spaces between the lines is present or not.

In the Text Element node click the TEXT EDITOR button which is on left side and it will lead to the text screen and then from menu path will be FORM->CHANGE EDITOR there you can check whether any spaces betwwn the lines is present or not.

If spaces is present remove the spaced line.

I think this will resolve your problem.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please delete if any empty space is there after the field. I hope u mean the Lines in a Table. If yes, please do check the Table definition. If its correct, then goto each text element and delete the empty space.

Tanx,

Nit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean about "table" ?

if the data coming from table , yes .

Is the data sit in template/table, no.

There is no blanks between the lines.

i wrote

Line a

Line b

Line c

What about paragraph format, what it can improve by paragraph or character format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to put same paragraph format and character format for each line. then check for any blank lines.

Thanks,

Suma.