cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Password change from backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to change the password of SAP users from the backend , I go to table USR02 , But I donot know which field of password to be updated , I have tried for PASSCODE and BCODE

Can anubody , know which correct field to be updated , so that sap users password is changed from the backend

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

You only need to change BCODE, just give Bcode "84814D8D79C7B89C" and try with password "2bindep" in SAP login.

It should work..

Regards,

Abhimanyu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks , I think you have got my Point , I ahve changed that but it doesnot work

One thing is that bcode field has value binary , so in update command i have used the convert command

, if you have the query and if you have change the password from backend , then please help

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on your BAsis version.

on Netweaver 7.00, password is stored in secure store.

in previous version, it was stoed in table USR02 in field BCODE... put in one-way hash encrypted format.

so, it is close to impossible to change this through OS level as you need SAP function module or kernel calls to do the work.

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Nothing is impossible in this world. Yes.. Password of an SAP user can be updated from OS level

very easily on the condition if you are aware of the combination of bname (user name) and bcode (in hex format) for a particular user.

Senario: if you want to update the password of user "ashish" in QAS system.

In another system e.g. TEST you are aware of the password of user "ashish" as "pass,123"

Check the bcode of ashish user in TEST system. Update the same bcode in QAS system for user "ashish". You will be able to login in QAS system with the same pwd i.e. "pass,123"

Commands: (if not aware)

in TEST system:

select bname,bcode,mandt from <sapschema>.usr02 where bname='ashish';

• u will get the pwd of user "ashish " in hex format as output of bcode field. and u know its pwd also as pass,123

in QAS system:

update <sapschema>.usr02 set bcode='xxxxxxxx' where bname='ashish' and mandt='xxx';

commit;

Sure you will be able to login.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish, this will not work on a SAP system based on Netweaver 7.0 system or newer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to change password at backend level? I dont think it is good idea to change the password via backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Passwords are stored in encrypted form.

Do you know how to encrypt the new password?

If you don't, there won't be any sense in storing a new password in whatever field.

regards