Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relinking SAP with ORACLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below are the details of our server:

HPUX servers rx4640 Clustered servers (2)

Oracle 9i

SAP - ECC6

We have 2 servers at a primary site and 2 at the standby site. While restoring data from tape, we had to format one of the file systems at the DR site and lost some data.

Later after having restored the data, we are not able to start Oracle (sqlplus) as well as SAP.

I found out there is one 'LINK' or 'RELINK' file, running which would re-link Oracle with SAP, but not able to find that file.

Could you please guide us to go ahead with this...

Thank you,

Praveen / Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

thr is no link for sqlplus .Check environment variable if these are okey then check sqlplus

before restoration it should be work.If sqlplus not working that means ur oracle installation not done properly.

su - ora<SID>

$cd <Oracle_Home>/rdbms/admin/

$./sqlplus it should worked .

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

I tried with your option of setting ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID manually and able to open sqlplus. However, i want to locate the profile file for my ora<SID> login which would automatically set these variables.

Now, everytime i logout these variables are discarded and i have to set them again when i login.

Please let me know the path of the profile file.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

.profile file might be in /home/ora<SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

we checked for profile files like .profile and .bash_profile

.profile file is available /oracle/SID, where as we are not able to find the .bash_profile file.

the parameters, ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, PATH all have been set up manually; we need to locate the bash_profile file so that it starts running automatically whenever we login to that particular user.

so, i would like to know where does SAP usually create the profile files, or SAP does not create the profile files...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

U can enter these variables in .profile , .bash_profile or Windows variables depends

on ur OS.

Bye

SurendraJain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem resloved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan,

Can please let me know the solution, I'm also facing the similar kind of problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the problem is when I am trying to start sap getting following error from startdb.log file.

TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out

V2 connect is not available. Terminating

/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/startdb: Terminating with error code 14

Listner is taking time to start but starting successfully.

Thanks and Regards,

Kalyan

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.. Kalyan,

First you should try to get oracle working by SQLPLUS command. SQLPLUS is indepent of the application and require no "link".

Regards,

Abhimanyu