cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

header text content having Inverted comma is appearing as '#' in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

Actually my task is to read text maintined in quotation transaction in header na ddisplay in smartform ...

I have done the task ..but the problem is that ...when ever in the text in header has any Inverted comma it appears as '#' .....I cannot ask Enduser not to use them in text .....

How should i resolve this Issue .

Regards ,

Sandeep Thota .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just an idea,

read that text using read text and using 'REPLACE' you can replace # with ' and use loop to print the text in templete of the smartform.

Thanks & Regards,

Rock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just change the printer name and check whether you are facing the same problem or not if the problem persists then contact the Basis People so that they can help you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please report the issue to the BASIS colleagues.They will help you in this regard.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure if this issue is related to thes note. Just check these out

Note 1054000 - XML Parser error in RFC with JCo or .NET-Connector

In the text edit control areas instead of indentations/tabulators SAP GUI displays 	 
 and &#13

When you use old graphic PC editor Text contains '#' signs

Note 1163452 - SPAscript / Smart Forms: Text contains '#' signs

Can you give more inputs. When does this issue happen, when the user saves long text ? Which transaction ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Thanx for your intrest int he issue .

This is when user saves long text in quotation va21 transaction ...

My work is to read this text into smartform ...which i have done through Include text ...

but since some Inverted comma's are there in the text ...it is appearing as '#' in the output ...

Also my output is a PDF format ...

Hope my Inputs are clear .

Regards ,

Sandeep Thota .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does this "#" appear at the transaction level. That is after the user saves go to the display mode of the transaction and check the long text. Check if it is in the correct format ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , at transaction level it is showing in the same way as it is tored ..

Example ..

RBI or customu2019s reference rate,

here in the above text in custom's in transaction it shows the same ...but in the ouput it shows

RBI or custom#s reference rate,

Wherever ' is there it appears '#' in the output only , in va22 and va23 it shows as it is stored .

Regards ,

Sandeep thota .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the device type assigned to the printer through which the document is being printed supports all the character set.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnax for the reply ,

How do i know whether the device type supports some set of characters and some do not ....

From do i get this charcter set Information .

Regards,

Sandeep thota .