cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Published files (irpt, jpg, ...) get lost - need to re-publish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from time to time some of my jpg-files get "lost". We use MII 12.0.6.

The files are in the workbench, but no longer published.

Then I use publish in the workbench and everything works fine again.

Today not only some jpg but also some irpt-files are missing in cache. And this is a bigger problem because some reports aren't working until I use publish in workbench again.

Not all but only some files make this problems at a time. Is there a valid-date for the published files?

Are there any configuration entries to avoid this?

Thanks!

Regards, Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the images and irpt pages static or are they being generated and saved to your project by BLS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the images and irpt pages are all static.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Is your system a clustered environment? If a clustered environment is not set up properly or having issues publishing the file to the nodes you will run into "missing files". Its really not missing its just that you are hitting a different node that hasn't been updated with the new file. Manually forcing a publish will fix it, but a long term fix would be to check the server cluster. I was in this situation and it was very frustrating...

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply!

But our system isn't a clustered environment...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may not sound sensible, but in my previous project, i had strange experience with MII transactions.

Whenever we had a 'Write File' action block in any transaction and we try to execute that transaction manually from BLS, it used to create the file... and was 'deleting' the transaction itself. we were like ...what ???

and for this... we had to create the entire transaction again & whole mapping again

actually ..we dint need creation of file anytime in our project ..so later on nobody thought of it... we had a server installation in the meantime & that problem got resolved (i dont know how)

well... im sure nothing like this would be happening there...

But I would like to suggest one thing... try to find out the pattern, when & where & how many exactly those jpg files are getting deleted... also check with your system administrator if any job is getting scheduled everytime which clears such type of files...

Do post your reply... if you find solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answers. But there is no job that deletes files. Our server runs since 8 months now and 1 month ago a few images were away for the first time. Yesterday as mentioned some other files got away.

I have no idea why...

Regards, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The publishing date has nothing to do with deletion of file. The use of that file is only get affected due to publishing. I am agree with SB that if there is some scheduler is configured to do this, or else someone is doing this deliberately. Or there might be some problem in your server.

Regards,

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus Seeger,

The JPG files should not get deleted in this way.. Check if any BLS job / schedule is deleting any such file.

BR,

SB.