cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One 8.8 Preview Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anybody has Idea about the latest status for starting of SAP Business One 8.8 Preview Program ?

Today I see on the SAP BUSINESS ONE 8.8

CENTRAL INFORMATION page on SAP SMP site, there it is mentioned that SAP Business One 8.8 Preview Program will start beginning of May 2009.

BR

Samir Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For anyone interested in an additional source of info on SAP Business One 8.8, we have a section of our website dedicated to it. You can find information about it below.

[The Orchestra Team|http://www.orchestrateam.com] has a centralized place for previews and reviews of SAP Business One 8.8

If your customers or prospects are interested in getting an honest "first impression", this is a great start. If there is anything specific you want us to review, we're happy to take requests and will get it into our weekly updates on the new version. Check back periodically or subscribe to the [rss feed|http://www.orchestrateam.com/rss.xml] to keep up to date also.

[Your Resource for Information About SAP Business One 8.8|http://www.orchestrateam.com/content/sap-business-one-88]

Welcome to Orchestra's SAP Business One 8.8 preview! The following pages are going to be a review of features for the new SAP Business One 8.8 release going into ramp-up this fall. Also, we'll be sharing with you our opinions of the new feature set and sharing some videos with you on the new product.

We'll be starting with a few video links and posts about our impressions of the 8.8 preview version and moving on to a more in-depth look at all of the new bells and whistles. Updates are available via our rss feed.

Check out the bottom navigation links to navigate to more information.

• [SAP Business One 8.8 - New Features and First Impressions|http://www.orchestrateam.com/sap-kb/sap-business-one-88-new-features-and-first-impressions]

• [SAP Business One 8.8 - New Skin and UI Design|http://www.orchestrateam.com/sap-kb/sap-business-one-88-new-skin-and-ui-design]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking to the events occured post launch 8.8 preview and the response to this thread I decide to keep this thread status Unanswered

Letus use it to post your 8.8 preview experience in this thred only

Enjoy 8.8 .....

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP Business One 8.8 Beta 3 is now available for download!

Greetings

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for Beta 3, and for giving us the option to draw licenses... I can test my add-ons now...

One thing though... Is it correct that we can't upgrade customer databases to 8.8 from 2007A (as test of cause.. not live)... When I try to upgrade a database I'm informed with the following message:

"You cannot upgrade company databases from SAP Business One client. Use the upgrade CD or contact your IT administrator for the upgrade."

Is this expected behaviour of the Beta or can anyone please explain how to proceed

/Rasmus

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be possibly caused by its beta version. I mean beta version is not used to upgrade the old version.

try to submit a ticket to SAP support.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. I have taken this internally and will address the issues you describe asap.

I would like to apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for being the first to report such issues here. We have removed the current download from the Service Marketplace and will replace it with a newer version asap.

I will update you all again once there is a new download ready.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is almost ending May instead of Begning May !!!!!!

BR

Samir Gandhi

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to let you know that SAP AG have used new maintenance model. In the model it said that they will release SAP B1 version every 3 years.

All SAP B1 end users will be disappointed because they must upgrade and upgrade again every 3 years but for the prospectus customers, it is a good news. For the SAP B1 competitors, it is very-very bad news but if they are clever, they can use this chance to find out the weakness of the current model.

These following description will make you aware that SAP company has forced you

to follow their plans:

1. If the new version released, the previous version will be out of maintenance 4-6 months prior to unrestricted shipment time of the new version

2. The new version ramp up (it means the production testing) begun 1 year before it is released or being in the unrestricted shipment. When the new product started to be in the ramp up, this new one will be in the period maintenance time E.g., SAP B1 2007A period maintenance should be 3 years in the maintenance time but in the next July 31, 2009, it will be out of maintenance. Meanwhile, this product was available on the April 30, 2008. Isn't that funny ? if they said that the maintenance period will be 3 years for the version released, it means that SAP B1 2007A version maintenance period begun from January 2007 to January 2009 but because many users have complained, they extended to July 31, 2009 now.

3. After the new version released, the service pack will be begun to ramp up 1-2 years later. Prior to release service pack, there are several patch level releases.

The summary, the system now is giving hidden cost to the current end users but make new users (new SAP B1 customers) are happy because they've got the completely and perfect product.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point Jimmy,

I am also not very happy with this new model / roadmap. Although it is nice to hear, that SAP enhances the product consequently, it also means for partners and customers more and more maintenance (in addition to usual PL updates for legal enhancements!)

Btw, Microsoft is heading for the same model and wants to release new versions of Windows in shorter periods, too. Windows 7 is just ahead...

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

Let me outline few things on SAP Business One Maintenance here and all of you can also check these facts on the channel partner portal. You require S User ID to access resources on channel partner portal.

Check this URL: http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002863642005E/

SAP Business One Maintenance Strategy:

As of the SAP Business One release track 2007, each release will be granted a minimum mainstream maintenance period of three years after having been assigned general availability status

Find the attached image that explains SAP Business Releases currently in maintenance.

Mainstream maintenance for SAP Business One 2005 A / 2005 A SP01 is extended from January 31, 2009 to July 31, 2009.

Based on the experiences of hundreds of customers who have already upgraded to SAP Business One 2007, the process can often be completed in just over a weekend, keeping the impact on your customer's business to a minimum.

SAP teams are continusoly giving support to partners to ensure the upgrade process is as easy as possible.

If you have any of challenges while upgrading or questions around upgrade, post your queries on a special thread:

I think as long as a vendor does not charge for licenses while upgrading to major releases like we see in OS and other related software, end users will welcome periodic updates that comes with fully loaded new features.

Regards

Satish

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your answer. however I can't see the attached picture but I can browse the link. I have ever browsed it.

As I have updated this thread today:

I want that minimum maintenance is more than 3 years. The best practice suggestion is 3.5 years.

ERP business process is not changed in the 3 months. It seems that only new functionality add to the new version and also cluster removal and then I think it is probably there will no localization anymore in the new version. The business process flow is still as same as previous version. FA addon is still having weakness, no improvement, manufacturing is not have MPS (master production schedule), no routing, etc.

Partner's addon are also as same as SBO. So, there is no new good functionality that made big benefit to the customer.

Does SAP want that BPR (business process reengineering) happened once in a 3 years ?

Upgrading time is not need a lot of time, but it depends on the resource availability, the number of users' PC, partner's addon, user's adaptability and other things that can make the upgrade unsuccessful.

As you said that new version have loaded with a lot of new features, I agree but sometimes there is a bugs or system error in the new version.

E.g. in PL52 of B1 2005A SP01, the item dscription field in the document's row can't be changed by press control+tab, after the customer complained about it, the new PL directly released to fix it. The user will not ready to upgrade to the correction PL because they are afraid if something wrong happened again. The PL note is not a guarantee since the new release PL quality assurance and check are never announced in the forum or partneredge.

Well, I think we must open to the customer about what happen inside SAP B1 now (its development and future plan), how SAP can minimize patch level upgrade period, customer's satisfaction about this product, etc. Just provide the questionnaire in the customer's portal and partner portal to know their satisfaction.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anybody has Idea about the latest status for starting of SAP Business One 8.8 Preview Program ?

Today I see on the SAP BUSINESS ONE 8.8

CENTRAL INFORMATION page on SAP SMP site, there it is mentioned that SAP Business One 8.8 Preview Program will start in June 2009.

BR

Samir Gandhi

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

I am sure that the 8.8 version is still beginning to the ramp up process. It won't be in the unrestricted shipment status in this year. I am sure it will be available in the market between April 2010 or may 2010.

This new one seems will not have cluster anymore. No more A or B version. Except localization.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Today i see that this preview version is available for download on SMP, but when I click on down load link and subsequently click on agreement and download link I got the message that NO DATA AVAILABLE

Did anybody succeed in download?

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also found the link on the channel partner page, but I get the same result. Let's hope they find out the link is dead, and fix it..

I'll try again later this day :)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can download the sw, please do let me know if there is any issues while downloading it for yourselves.

Regards,

Paul

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I get the error message: "No data available".

Do you know what that means?

Greetings

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

Are you downloading from here?

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000171862009

also are you a partner with the correct authorizations for downloading SAP sw?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I tried after your post and got the same error message: "No data available".

For your more input, sometimes the same message appears in different langauge.

I even tried from the link you post above.

Best Regards,

Samir Gandhi

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is the link.

There I have to agree the "Test & Evaluation Agreement". But then the error "no data available" appears.

Yes, we are sap partner with correct authorizations.

The download of crystal reports from the same link was successfull.

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now there is content.

But I can not download the sw.

Error in SAP Download Manager: "Object is no longer available"

Edited by: Jacqueline Wutke on Jun 16, 2009 2:15 PM

Edited by: Jacqueline Wutke on Jun 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a technical issue in our internal systems which is causing this issue. Please wait a few hours before trying to download the sw. If the issue is not fixed by tomorrow morning please let me know here.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Paul

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The download is working again. Currently downloading SAP Business One 8.8 - Preview - Beta 2..

Can't wait

Jacqueline
Contributor
0 Kudos

Me too....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved so happy downloading...

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

who know how can I upgrade the demo database? I installed 8.8 with hungarian demo database but I was not be able to login to. The message appear: Cannot upgrade with client, need to use install cd...

Anyone has any idea?

THanks.

Nghia

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having the same problem.. According to the Administration Guide it seems that db upgrade is part of a patch-upgrade, but since this is no patch I can't see how to do it... You can create new databases though...

Also I'm having problems getting a license SBO2007 licenses does not work (Need a license in order to test some addons and how they work on the new license system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rasmus,

You need 8.8 service manager without licence requested.

Nghia

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nghia

I'm not sure I understand... I know that I can install SBO8.8 Service manager and get the 31 day trial period, but is it not possible to get a license for the beta... Without a license it will not be possible to test certain add-ons (that are dependant of there being a license).

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think you have wasted time to download or review this new version because it is still a raw version.

I said so because the ppt file is available for new version. just run the 2007A version and compare the ppt 8.8 with 2007A.

The new version is also having new skin, new feature like archiving, crystal report integration, security enhancement, busness logic enhancement (ATP, UoM, others), legal enhancement (7 items).

So, what's different with previous version especially in the ERP software ? No specific changing.

Will this new version be able to implement to manufacturing company, apparels, plantation, etc ? it is difficult to tell but hope SAP is not concern only to functionality but also market segmentation and area must also be enhanced in this fully competitiveness world.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

When I try to access the URL you provided with my S-User login.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000171862009

I have receive the following Error

Error Message - Access denied (R/3)

What happened?

You do not have permission to access this Object

What can you do?

• Please contact a consulting adminstrative

Error code: WEBSMP110-20091015115358-0015

Error details: 24B1DD9-702/1A053/3162-71A7CFA5-3CB9265-2992FF

Service Name: SAPIDB

Service Server: WEBSMP110

Process-ID: 5248

Thread-ID: 2248

Could you let me know who is allowed to download SAP Business One 8.8 Beta, I would like to join the Preview Program.

Thanks in advance.

former_member490782
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Samir,

The SAP Business One 8.8. preview program will start in a short time, we will communicate with our partners community the full details.

Best reagrds

Ilan Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilan Tal,

many thanks.

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope it will work on standalone laptop with Windows XP SP2.

BR

Samir Gandhi

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check this recent thread

Jeyakanthan