cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple model nodes in interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 RFCs. I need to map 2 RFCs data elements with UI Elements in Interactive form. So, I need to create Model Node in the context and bind two RFCs in the View Context and map data elements in Interactive Form.

How can I do this?

Thank you

Regards

Pramod B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have already seen the documents and help that you have sent. But, none the requirement that I have asked in my earlier postings. Please see that i was asking for Interactive Forms where i have to add only one data source from the context. If it is in webdynpro, they are very much easy as explained in the links sent by you.

Did any one encountered this kind of scenario?

Thank you,

Pramod B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Daniel.

I tried this on my first attempt. Doing this, it gives an error message saying that ContextNode (root Model Node) has to be mapped with any one of the Model. There can't be a model node in the context without mapping to the Model.

So, I created a node with one of the existing model(RFC1) in the context and then a subfolder model node pointing to the another model node (RFC2). Then I assigned RFC1 to the datasource for an interactive form.

I dont know weather this can be done or not. Now, Im facing problem with assigning values in the nodes.

Kindly adivse how to proceed in this regard.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is pretty simple. As you can easily understand from this documents. Please see the context Mapping part clearly, you can easily understand..Though its not Adobe forms...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/48/70b1c763a45a4a8bc7f2b7d2c171e6/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/creating a web dynpro application accessing abap functions.pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/handling transactions with bapis in web dynpro.pdf

//Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Thank you for your response.

If I create a Model Node A in the context and add both RFC model nodes RFC1 and RFC2 into model node A. It displays an error saying that you need to map model node A to a model object.

I added root node as RFC1 and created model node RFC2 inside RFC1 and Im able to include in datasource to view both RFCs in this way. Is this right way to follow?

Also, how can I assign a value x from RFC1 to a value y in RFC2?

Thank you

Pramod B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

have you tried the following:

1. create the root node

2. create two subnodes

3. for both subnodes: right-click, choose "edit model binding" -> choose the according models

By this you have both models on one level and one datasource for your form.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on your scenario?

As you can bind only one node to a particular UI element,

create a context node manually, which contains all the required fields of both the RFC's.

Then assign this context node to the dataSource property of the InteractiveForm UI Element. Also set the propery of the pdfSource of your interactive form.

Now go to the edit mode of your form.

In this, create all the fields you require in your adobe form and then bind each of these to the corresponding context attributes in your context node in the Object TAB using default Binding option.

Thanks in advance,

Deep.