Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of newly created currency for Pricing

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As our customer wanted to maintain the condition value of pricing upto 5 decimal points, we have created a new currency with 5 decimals and we are thinking of proceeding with that.

This can also be done for the Net Value currency of that customer.

Before proceeding in to it, I wanted to confirm whether this will have any impact on the already created documents or not.

Also Please suggest new currency creation is acceptable or not for the long term solution?

Thanks,

Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be having the impact on the already created sales orders also if you follow the way I am going to suggest you.

Goto VA02,Enetr your sales order number.

Goto Item details,conditions tab.

Click on update and click on option "B"(Carryout new pricing).

It will show a message as the value differs from invoice.

In this way you can change but it is not suggestable to go like this.Because there is a mismatch between invoice amount and the sales ordere amount.

For newly creating sales orders it will come directly.

Instead of going for new currency,you can use sterlings here.Means your currency equivalence to the old currency value by using conversions.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Krishna.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna.,

The answer was indeed helpful. But, one question.....what do you mean by sterlings. Is it the exchange rate that we maintain in OB08.

Actually, I have followed the SAP Note: 38881.

Please take a look at the note and let me know the descrepencies that is going to occur in the future

Thanks in advance.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,you are correct.Sterlings amount means exchange rate amount.

I have also seen the SAP note :38881.It is enough for you.It satisfies your requirement.Pls check the SAP note :381348 also while implementing.

I think that there will be no discripency at all.Pls go ahead.

Regards,

Krishna.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the information.

Babu Kilari