Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing payload values to FTP adapter properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP 13 and we have a requirement as follows :

We want to use XI purely as a dynamic ftp service.It has 3-4 static locations from which it picks up files from. The target details onto which it ftps the files are dynamic i.e the hostname, uname,type of transfer etc are to be looked up from a db table - in other words, these ftp destination details are to be looked up during mapping using a mapping lookup API and then the ftp adapter properties are to be set dynamically .

Question is : can we set these ftp adapter properties like hostname, uname etc dynamically from mapping ? If not, what alternatives do we have to achieve this ? Or is this doable in SP14 onwards ?

I have seen a lot of threads on setting this ftp adapter properties dynamically - including suggestions for writing a JAVA module, proxies etc -

WE are on SP13 - what is the package - class and API details that are to be accessed - if we want to achieve this using a JAVA module ? ( if at all we have to go that route )

Any quick suggestions, pointers is appreciated as we are in a time crunch to do a POC. Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt if we could set the file parameters dynamically.

In case the number of target locations are small, say, 4 or 5... we could achieve this through conditional receiver detemination. In order to do this, we would need to know the receivers in advance.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, Smitha

Thanks for your quick replies. I understand this this is not supported using standard ftp adapter framework provided on XI.

Any suggestions out there - as to how this could be done using pure java programming - and implemented using say - java proxies ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

ASFAIK, File Adapters do support variable name substitution , but this can be used only for the directory and file name. I dont think that the FTP paramters like Hostname ,etc can be passed dynamically from your payload to thge file adapter.

Regards,

Bhavesh