cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoPackage Load Monitoring failures to email

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need information on how to setup load monitoring to email. I already do this within process chains but need to do it when I am running an initial load without a process chain. Is there settings within the system that can be setup to send an email out to the alert me to these failures so that I am not stuck to watching them in the monitor in BW.

Thank you!

Caroline De Laurell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caroline,

You can raise events upon job completion. You then need to set up a job or a process chain that is scheduled to run at the respective event(s) occurance and sends the e-mail. Creating another process chain seems simpler!

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

I am not certain how to raise an event. Can you please direct me to something that can assist me with this?

Also, do you have any idea on how to reprocess a delta from the R3 system. I can an issue with some data and need to bring the last delta completed on two extractors from the LO Cockpit.

Thank you!

Caroline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

In the infopackage, on schedule tab there is a button for subsequent process. Here you can define what event should be called on success and failure of the infopackage.

To do repeat delta, make the last delta request red and then when you will trigger next load it will ask for repeat delta.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last question...

Does SAP have a standard event in this list that will send an email if it passes or fails. Or do I have to have someone create an abap program for that?

Thank you for all your assistance!

I will give you points after the return response.

Thanks!

Caroline

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any such event. You need to someone create an ABAP and attach that in a Job and schedule that job to run on the event.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to define the event(s) yourself in transaction SM62. Then you can raise them from the InfoPackage Subsequent Processes button. You can have any job scheduled to run "After event". Thus, you can have a custom ABAP that sends e-mail messages based on the event raised. However, it would be simpler to just have a process chain scheduled after an event. In the start process of the chain, you can "Create Message" that sends an e-mail to a list of recipients. This way, you do not need any programming.

Answers (0)