cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax calculation from taxware

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

In our SRM system, tax calculation will be from backend system and R/3 system will get the information from taxware.

We have a process where the "location" in SRM PO is differs from the "ship-to address". In SRM, tax is calculated based on the "region" of ship-to address. But when the PO has been copied to backend system, tax is calculated based on the jurisdiction code dervied in the invoice tab of R/3 PO.

In R/3 PO, jurisidiction code is getting derived either from cost object assigned to the PO or from the one maintained in plant definition (customuizing). It is not checking the ship-to address.

There is a BADI in R/3 for taking the jurisdiction code form ship-to address. Even if we activate this, it wont help us as the jurisdiction field in ship-to address tab of R/3 PO will be empty in case of SRM POs.

Could you please help me how to handle this?

I need to calculate tax based on ship-to address in R/3 PO.

Is it possible to maintain the jurisdication in SRM PO?

Thanks,

Arun

Edited by: Arun on May 17, 2009 6:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

If you are using extended classic scenario, then could you please check whether you are getting the Jurisdiction code in "Delviery address" tab (Address detail button) of back end Po (ME23N).

For me it is not having any value in case of SRM POs. We need to calculate the tax % based on the delivery address or ship-to address. This can de addressed through the BADI: ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS . But for this, I think we need to have the jurisdiction code in delivery address tab of ME23N.

Please help.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I was referring to SDN and found that you have worked on a similar design which i would be working on for tax calculation. can you please share some info or overview of how this can be done like RFC's, BAPIs etc., . It would be really appreciated if you can send any documentation regarding this. Thankyou very much in advance for your time and effort. you can send the info to pradeepwsu(gmail)

Regards

Deepu