cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Starting XI Integration Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Could anybody please help me solve the problem I'm encountering when I start Integration Builder (SXMB_IFR) in our XI? Below is the error:

-

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://urphxid:8000/rep/start/index.jsp call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

• The termination occurred in system XID with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

• The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

• Please select a valid URL.

• If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:URPHXID_XID_00-v:0-s:404-r:Notfound

HTTP 404 - Not found

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

-

I checked /usr/sap/<instance>/DVEBMGS00/work/std_server0.out and I found the below error:

-

^MSAP J2EE Engine Version 6.40 PatchLevel 104329.313 is starting...

Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: A file or

directory in the path name does not exist. jar:file:/usr/java14_64/jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar

-

I checked ibmjceprovider.jar file if exists and its permission and it's ok. I tried also to search forums with the same problem but I can't find one.

Hope you can help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fidel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Fidel Abel

you can change the port no through exchange profile

go to the admin page click on exchange profile and inside that click on this property

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.httpport

in the right hand window you can give your port no

Thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Could it be the cause of the problem is the error message inside /usr/sap/<instance>/DVEBMGS00/work/std_server0.out? What could be the cause of this error? I've checked the file and it is exists inside the folder. The permission is also ok.

-

^MSAP J2EE Engine Version 6.40 PatchLevel 104329.313 is starting...

Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: A file or

directory in the path name does not exist. jar:file:/usr/java14_64/jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar

-

I run jcmon and found that the dispatcher was stopped.

-

|Idx|Name |PID |State |Error|Restart|

|-|

|
|

|
-|-----|

| 0|dispatcher | 0|Stopped | 4|no |

| 1|server0 | 667704|Running | 0|yes |

| 2|SDM | 495626|Running | 0|yes |

-

Does the dispatcher will open/use the port 50000 if it is successfully started? The following is the content of std_dispatcher.out with the same error found on std_server0.out.

MSAP J2EE Engine Version 6.40 PatchLevel 104329.313 is starting...

Loading: LogManager ... 1417 ms.

Loading: PoolManager ... 3 ms.

Loading: ThreadManager ... 1107 ms.

Loading: IpVerificationManager ... 20 ms.

Loading: ConnectionsManipulator ... 38 ms.

Loading: ClassLoaderManager ... 30 ms.

Loading: ClusterManager ... 284 ms.

Loading: PortsManager ... 18 ms.

Loading: LockingManager ... 117 ms.

Loading: ConfigurationManager ... 5312 ms.

Loading: LicensingManager ... 38 ms.

Loading: ServiceManager ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

The dispatcher is needed to send the client's request to the server.

See also:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/63/6dbe3d8cb5737ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

After having started the dispatcher, the Application Server should be reachable.

The JCE problem has been discussed some times in the forum in the past, if I remember correctly. It was related to the SUN JVM, though.

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction SICF check if the xi related services are activated.You can right click and activate all the services or choose only the XI related services and activate them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel

The ICF might not be working. Contact the System Administrator to resolve this issue. ICF is responsible for the network connection between your company network and the SAP network.

Also you might have to add DNS suffix to the URL. I think the System Administrator will be able to

help you in this matter also. DNS suffix will mostly be the company you are working in.

Ex : http://sapname.DNSsuffix:50000/.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's confirmed. The system number is 00 so the port number should be 50000. I tried to change 8000 to 50000 in the URL but still error.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> It's confirmed. The system number is 00 so the port number should be 50000. I tried to change 8000 to 50000 in the URL but still error.

the only thing that now remains to check if this port is opened for your location...get in touch with your local network guys and check if this port is opened.....as you mentioned TELNET is also not working....if the port is opened then at least telnet should work......

Also did you maintained the correct entry in the host file....C:\SYSROOT\system32\drivers\etc......this is secondary requirement...primary is to get the port opened....

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->The Port Number which you mentioned inthe URL is not the JAVA Port.

-->PLease check with your JAVA port.

-->JAVA Port must be 5+Java Instance number +00 is the default port number.so you should get the java instance number .

-->To get instance number select your PI server from your SAP log on Pad and click on change item the system number will be your instance number.

EX: of URL is http://hostname:portno(50100)/rep/start/index.jsp

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhisnek_salvi,

Actually that was the port it uses when I try to open the Integration Builder. How could I check/change this port so that it will use 50000 port? I've tried telnet to check 50000 as described in the link (blog) provided by Prakash Bhatia and cannot access this port 50000. How could I open this port?

Please bear with me because I'm actually new to XI and just started reading documents.

Thank you for the reply.

Best Regards,

Fidel

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Actually that was the port it uses when I try to open the Integration Builder. How could I 
check/change this port so that it will use 50000 port? I've tried telnet to check 50000 as described in the
 link (blog) provided by Prakash Bhatia and cannot access this port 50000. How could I open this port?

it is not always port number 50000..

You need to get System Number of your XI instance (contact admin/basis team)...once you get the system number you can get the actual port number....how??

If your Sys no. is 20...port no = 52000

if sys no. is 10...port no = 51000.....and so on......

just get it confirmed from the basis team which port they have opened for this paricular server instance.....

One more thing to check....the port may be operational in the location where the server is installed....but you need to get that particular port opened at the location where you are working from.....this is to be managed by the network guys....

Please bear with me because I'm actually new to XI and just started reading documents.

even i am a begineer:)

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 18, 2009 9:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction: SMICM

goto-->parameters

goto-->services

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Could anybody please help me solve the problem I'm encountering when I start Integration Builder (SXMB_IFR) in our XI? Below is the error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Service cannot be reached
What has happened?
URL http://urphxid:8000/rep/start/index.jsp call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note
* The termination occurred in system XID with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.
* The selected virtual host was 0 . 

What can I do?
* Please select a valid URL.
* If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator. 

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:URPHXID_XID_00-v:0-s:404-r:Notfound

HTTP 404 - Not found
Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Are you sure that you want to access the URL with port number as 8000??.....8000 is an ABAP port and for accessing the Integration builder you need to access http://<hostname>:<5XX00>/rep/start/index.jsp

where XX is the system number....

Please verify

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Please have a look at the following blog which explains about

common problems that an XI developer gets into is not being able to open the Integration Repository and the Integration directory.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Best Regards