cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a transaction to get ORACLE_SID, SERVICE_NAME and Listener PORT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this information can be gotten from the Oracle DBAu2019s who set up the database, but in my big company, I even do not know who the DBAu2019s are.

My Oracle database for SAP BI 7.0 is 10.2. Is it possible to get this information using a SAP BW/BI transaction?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get this info by tcode ST04.

1.ORACLE_SID= DBNAME in ST04

2.SERVICE_NAME = ST04>Additional function> DB parameters->SERVICE_NAME

3.Listener PORT= ST04-->Additional function->oracle net->listnet.ora

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in ST04 in detailed analysis menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the access to SM49 then try for listner. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can view SID,Service name,Port

OS Prompt

1. echo $ORACLE_SID

Listener Port #<Oracle_HOME>/network/admin/listener.ora

For Sql Prompt

SQL> show parameter oracle_sid

SQL> show parameter Service_names

Hope u can find

SurendraJain

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I know this information can be gotten from the Oracle DBAu2019s who set up the database, but in my big company, I even do not know who the DBAu2019s are.

In that case you really shouldn't bother where the databases are because direct SQL access should be out of discussion.

> My Oracle database for SAP BI 7.0 is 10.2. Is it possible to get this information using a SAP BW/BI transaction?

No, there isn't such transaction. Of course not.

What would it be good for?

If you need to have this information - better get in touch with the DBAs.

If the database servers are set up in a sensible way, you cannot access them anyhow.

They would be located in separate network segments, the listener would block all connection trials that don't come from the application servers .

There shouldn't be any option for you to even reach those servers without having the permission and the information from those people that are in charge of them.

regards,

Lars