cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instance failed after applying patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am learning on ides. i applied patch #10 to my system, some how it failed to apply, now my instance is not starting up , is there any way to undo the patch. thanks for the reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually instance startup is nothing to take with the Patches applied specially in ABAP kind of system. If your Patch implementation is in middle, So you must be getting lots lots of dump...But system should come up in most of cases.

Ok...Now...have you changed something related to Parameters (Memory, DB related or any other parameters)...because parameters change is something very crucial when your system is not coming up?

Please post some more inforrmation so that we can help you out.....Please try to debug step wise...

1) is DB is coming up?

2) if yes, please post some relevent info from dev_disp, dev_w0 or dev_ms file or from some other files which are getting updated when you are trying to restart your system.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Edited by: Saurabh.Arora on May 17, 2009 9:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any prerequisite i should do before applying patches, though i already set up my tms configuration by running tcode: STMS .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

STMS should be properly configured in the system and you should have enough space in /usr/sap/trans. You have to also ensure enough free space in tablespaces.

More over this, please check the details for individual patch for its prerequisite because prerequisite varies patch to patch.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that you can undo the support pack now, if I understand correctly here that you were applying support packs..

since you are in ides, so no backup of the system, right ? otherwise,we can restore the system back to the previous state ..undoing the packs

However, while starting the instance, what kind of error you are getting ? check the logs, is database fine and up ? and how the SP failed, what is the error, may be you can try to make it success ?