cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager installation on Dev/ QA server??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While sizing servers for a prospective client we involved the local SAP office and they recommended that we install Solution Manager on the Dev/ QA server.

This has me thinking if it is possible to do so. So far we have always installed Solution Manager as a separate installation on a separate server but the customer is keen on keeping his budget low.

SAP has said that they have been doing this with a few customers to save hardware costs.

Has anyone done this before? How is this done, i mean is the installation the same as installation on separate servers? Should I install Solution Manager first then install ECC 6.0?

Thanks in advance,

Shailendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is absolutely same procedure, and you can install either Solman or ECC first. In both the cases, you will be doing central system installation, but hardware resources, memory bottlenecks etc to kept in mind

simply go through these Notes and installation is same procedure

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/installation-of-multiple-database-on-...

21960 Several instances/systems on one UNIX computer

28392 Two R/3 Systems on one Windows NT Server

322653 DB6: Two or several systems on a host

153835 Starting Multiple tnslsnr on same server

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> While sizing servers for a prospective client we involved the local SAP office and they recommended that we install Solution Manager on the Dev/ QA server.

>

> This has me thinking if it is possible to do so. So far we have always installed Solution Manager as a separate installation on a separate server but the customer is keen on keeping his budget low.

> SAP has said that they have been doing this with a few customers to save hardware costs.

>

> Has anyone done this before? How is this done, i mean is the installation the same as installation on separate servers? Should I install Solution Manager first then install ECC 6.0?

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Shailendra

Hi Shailendra,

You can install Solution Manager in your Dev / QA server if you want to save hardware cost. In fact, i too have a similar case from my client as well. The installation procedure is the same as doing it on a separate server.

Regards,

Madhukar