Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the advantage of maintaining oraganization levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please any body tell what is the advantage by maintain the organization levels centrals.

I want to what is the deference if we maintain organization level for authorization object instead maintain at centrally.

Please give me clarification,

Each time while doing this,i am getting this kind of doubts.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you maintain the Org levels centrally (i.e. clicking on the u201COrganizational Levelsu201D tab), any changes done to these Org level values do reflect in all the authorization objects those have Org levels as their fields.

If you put manually a different value to any of the Org level fields of an authorization object, then this centrally mapping is broken for that particular authorization object. Then any changes done to the Org data via u201COrganizational Levelsu201D tab, will not reflect for that authorization object and it will take the same value as you put earlier manually.

Depending on your business requirement, you can choose which ever way to maintain the Org levels.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I would like to know if you are aware of Authorization Field. If yes. then I would like to inform you one thing, "Organization Levels" are also authorization fields which are repeated in several Objects and require same value for all of them. Thus, SAP marked them with a new property called Organization level.

Please review my comments in the below thread:

Let me know if you have more question.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot.Now i got the point now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Organization values have mainly 2 purposes.

Firstly, in your role you can centrally maintain the field organization value. You don't need to maintain the field in all the authorization objects having the field. e.g. if your role has 5 authorization object for company code you can maintain the field centrally from one point. If you want to change the company code you don't need to manually change in all 5 authorization objects.

Secondly, in master role-derived role technique organization field has very key importance. If you have multiple business unit with similar business structure, master role-derived role is very useful way to implement security. Here you need to define the master roles by different functionality irrespective of organization. Now when you derived the functionality for different business unit you just need to create the derived roles from the master role for different business unit, only just putting the respective org value for that business unit. This way you can reduce the effort by using org value efficiently.