cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Cluster is not created during system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iu2019ve been trying to perform a system copy on our PI 7.0 sp14 test system & create a second system on the same server.

I used the standard Sapinst tools for this because it is a PI ABAP+JAVA system.

The copy process went smooth but after it finished I realized that the ABAP side has been installed correctly but when I tried running "SXMB_IFR" I saw that the system points me to the source system J2EE process.

Looking into the file system of the target system, I saw that under the path \usr\sap\<SID>\<Instance>\j2ee\cluster only the bootstrap folder exists. Of course that in the SAP MMC, you cannot see any J2EE process under the new system process list.

I tried using a newer sapinst but that didnu2019t help.

Anyone ever encounter anything like that?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Yoav Zilberman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, are you doing system copy on same server ?

Second, are you doing postinstallation steps for JAVA engine as in note :

Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

Thanks for your answer

The new system is on the sam server as the source system

I tried note 831812 but it did not help.

The note can't work because the problem is not incorrect JAVA parameters, but the lack of java processes in the new system.

Regards,

Yoav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After system copy you have do some post system copy procedure and restart the server then all the folders and sap deployed components will get created automatically.

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

He again,

Now i finally managed to make all the J2EE process work but i keep having issues with the "server0" process in both systems on the server.

the first system i starts works fine but the second one will get the error: [Thr 8944] JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package E:\usr\sap\XIQ\DVEBMGS00\exe\jvmx.jar ; (SID changes according to which system started first).

Thanks,

Yoav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'ts not main error, check bootsrtap if you can't find error in dev_server0 log,

Note 997510 - Troubleshooting J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0 Bootstrap Issues

usually after system copy

MS and MX heap sizes are not correct (or any other parameter) . Check note.

Regards.