cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Zfields User Interface enhancments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a good cookbook for Material master CRM online transaction enhancement (COMMPR01) of how to enhance the attributes and set types.

Basically I wanted to add Zfields to Material master transaction in CRM online.

If so, can you please share with me.

Thanks

Jothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's very easy todo and the standard helpfiles are very readable: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/97/f5044017355c0ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

first create your attributes (much like data-element creation)

then collect them in a set-type

assign the settype to a product category

assign the product category to a product

and that's it.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the information. I looked into the help.sap.com also for enhancing the ZFields. It is informative.

Apart from that Do I need to enhance BDoc 'Product_Mat' and Do I need to enhance the Function module in R/3 which extracts the data from R/3 and fills in the BAPI structures as well as the adapter in CRM.

How should it be handled. Can you please explain the steps.

thanks

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you'll need to create the extractor anyway, it might be easier to put the Z-field that you speak of in the set-type as an attribute. This way you don't have to enhance the Bdocs and all information will be available in CRM and interfaceable to other systems.

You can enhance the integration between R/3 and CRM to update the set-type field with the R/3 information. This can be done in user-exit CRM0_200 of R/3: there you'll have all the information in BAPI structures. Add a Z-structure with your information and extract it from the bapi tables in CRM in user-exit smoutil2. This way you can map it in the set types within the Bdoc.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I understand the following

1. Fields will be enhanced in the user-exist CRM0_200 of R/3 before sending data to CRM.

2. SMOUTIL2 for data to be send from CRM to R/3.

But can you please explain how without extending the BDoc 'Product_Mat' the data can flow inside the middleware. Does this mean the set-type field

will be linked automatically to BDoc. Do you mean there is no need to enhance the BDoc via Bdoc modeler or via easy enhancement workbench.

Your continued support for the SDN is higly appreciated.

thanks

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, the set-type API append will automatically create all the relevant tables and structures and you'll be able to update the set-type attributes without enhancing the bdoc.

R/3->CRM: CRM0_200 (to extract the data en map it to the bapi structures) >> smoutil2 (extract the data from the bapi structures & map it to the bdoc.

CRM->R/3: smoutil3 (to extract the data from the bdoc) >> ?? to map the data to the R/3 fields.

Michael.