cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter time out issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a SOAP-PI-Proxy scenario and publish the service interface as a web service, unfortunately the inbound ABAP codes may need about 3 minutes, when I test the scenario with client codes or XMLSpy tool, we both get the time out issue.

From my understanding, this problem may happen in the following 2 phases:

1. from client to adapter engine (Java engine)

2. from adapter engine to integration engine via ICM service

Firstly I checked the log of the adapter engine and found that the time out happens after 1 minute after setting up the connection between adapter engine and integration engine (http://host:icmport/xi/engine.....), after some investigation it's because of the ICM processing time out limitation (60 seconds by default), therefore I changed the value from 60 seconds to 300 seconds, there is no error in the adapter engine.

But we still get the time out issue from the client side, I guess there also has the problem in the phase 1, it's due to some Java engine connection or processing time out settings, could anybody tell me which parameters should I change?

Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Bean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bean,

Does that mean your scenario is synchronous?

Did you check in sxmb_moni whether the Proxy returned some response?

It is possible the error is still not on the sender side. Incase if the proxy has given back the response and it comes till IE stack, you should be able to see it in sxmb_moni and then the failure should happen. I think, you should try and check the response and see where it fails in the end.

That will give a better clarity about the component which is throwing the error.

regards,

Charu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may set parameter XI.Timeout in the module parameter table of the SOAP sender channel. The value provided should be i milliseconds. Default value is 5 minutes i.e. 300000.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may set parameter XI.Timeout in the module parameter table of the SOAP sender channel. The value provided should be i milliseconds. Default value is 5 minutes i.e. 300000.

Regards,

Prateek

Hi Prateek,

Thanks so much for your kind help, according to your statements, the time out will happen in 5 minutes by default, but when I use the XMLSpy, this time out happens in about 1 minute, why this happens?

Thanks and regards,

Bean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bean,

You can use SOAP Sonar for sending SOAP Message for testing purpose, it's freeware. You can increase the timeout there.

But I guess increasing time out at sender side won't help as the message will be getting timed out when XI tries to make a synchronous call to Proxy and XI is not able to send the response back to the consumer (so even if you increase time out to 5 mints it will still fail). Moreover it is not recomended to increase the timeout in XI.

The best solution here will be to go for BPM with Sync Async communication.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

This problem has been solved, it's due to the time out in the sender application.

Best regards,

Bean